Talk

Advanced search

10 year old ds and facts of life!

(3 Posts)
tigi Thu 21-Apr-05 20:50:15

my ds is 10 in year 5, and very friendly with the Y6 children, who will be having their sex education talks soon. I am in a dilema. I don't know whether to discuss these matters with him now, or wait until he is also in Y6? He is quite naive, and I don't think he knows about the birds and the bees, but on the other hand I don't want his friends telling him first, so I have debated having a chat now. Just wondered what other parents did. I looked at some books today, but a lot of them are very directed to girls, periods, how to use tampons etc,pictures of female genatalia etc, which seem quite inapproprite for a 10 YO boy. Can anyone recommend a more boyish book. thanks

MarsLady Thu 21-Apr-05 20:52:00

can't recommend a book, but do recommend that you tell him.

jampots Thu 21-Apr-05 20:53:55

Lets Talk about Sex is very good and covers both boys and girls. It features a bird and a bee and they each have differing thoughts/feelings about the changes in their body - one is dead excited about it and the other is really worried/nervous so covers from absolutely every angle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now