Talk

Advanced search

Should I Accept PreSchool Place?

(3 Posts)
MnJsMum Wed 20-Apr-05 14:13:13

DS (2) has a 2 hr sleep from 1pm - 3pm every day.

We have been offered a place at the pre-school joined to DD's school for 2.5 hrs a day (every day if we want). The problem is that they only have an afternoon place 12.45 - 3.15pm.

However....

DS is about to be reviewed by HV for referral to a speech therapist as he says very little.
His communication is generally grunting which I can usually understand depending on the number of syllables and where we are and what we are doing at the time!!!

The pre-school have a SENCO visit them on afternoon sessions.

I do want him to go to the pre-school as I know it will be of benefit to him.

Incidentally, over the last week, he has been taking longer to get to sleep of a night, and is waking around 5.30 - 6.00 am (used to sleep 7.30pm - 7.00am religiously)

What shall I do?

littlerach Wed 20-Apr-05 14:27:07

Try putting him to sleep earler, or for less time earlier. He'll drop the sleep soon anyway.
When he's at preaschol he'll have lots to occupy him.
Sounds likew you really want him to go.

emmatom Wed 20-Apr-05 14:31:14

Try the earlier bedtime, he'll need it if he's going to miss his afternoon nap and try the pre-school.

If it all goes horribly wrong, he's not stuck there, you can always take him out of the school and try later.

I would ask though, it's usual for little ones to start pre-school at 2 and a half at the earliest. Is your little one that age or only 2 as there really is no rush, whether he has a speech problem or not, to do the school thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now