Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I FEEL SO MEAN :-(

(11 Posts)
SPARKLER1 Wed 20-Apr-05 09:43:12

DD2 (3) has gone to pre-school today. She is in from 9am - 3pm. She has been going since September last year and has always loved to go - has hardly even said goodbye to me at times. She was in all day on Monday and I picked her up and she told me that she missed me and hugged me tight. I asked at the pre-school if she had been okay and they said that she asked for me late morning when the other parents came to pick the morning only children up.

I took her in this morning. She was fine running around the playground. Took her into the building and she was fine run up until I went to walk out the door. She was like a leach then. Hanging on to me saying she want to come home. She wasn't crying but just saying I want to stay with you and come home. The pre-school teacher came and took her from me in the end and I said goodbye and came home. She was crying her eyes out when I left. It was so hard and it's so out of character for her. I wanted to grab her and bring her home.

Hopefully I've done the right thing but I feel so mean knowing she isn't happy.

almostanangel Wed 20-Apr-05 09:45:47

as soon as you left she prob started playing ,,could you not phone them just for your own piece of mind ? she will come out laughing and fine with a nice painting for you i no doubt

SPARKLER1 Wed 20-Apr-05 09:46:52

As I drove past the pre-school to come home, I saw her outside in the playground where I had left her. She was still sat on her teacher's lap being cuddled.
I will phone them in a bit I think.

kid Wed 20-Apr-05 09:47:04

Why don't you phone them up now and see how she is?
If you would have bought her home, she might expect that everyday. You did the right thing, even though it felt really hard.

almostanangel Wed 20-Apr-05 09:48:03

ooh [[hug]]]

Weatherwax Wed 20-Apr-05 10:52:28

My dd2 (3) did this recently, I had 2 months of her not wanting to be left. But she has enjoyed the activities once I've gone but I had real problems getting her in. Once I had to make her walk up the path in her socks as she threw her shoes at me in an attempt not to go! Her big sister was being made late for school and her teacher has asked us to avoid this in future so I've told little one that she's got to help get big sister to school. This seems to be helping as she wants to help me and if getting dd1 to school helps I'm all for it!. I still live in fear of the morning trips though. I know what you mean about feeling mean but I've come to the conclusion that this is not being mean, its good for them. In September dd2 will be going all day five days a week and she needs to cope with that.

Do something for yourself and don't worry

Sonnet Wed 20-Apr-05 11:08:27

I also have a DD at pre-school so can empathise with your feelings.
You mentioned she has been going since September - I presume she has previously gone off in the morning happy?
If so, has anything changed, staff etc OR could it just be a reaction to the Easter Holidays?

I hope it is sorted soon
Hug
sonnet xx

SPARKLER1 Wed 20-Apr-05 11:31:24

Just phoned pre-school. They say she is fine. They also said that sometimes after a school holiday they can start to get clingy.
Ah well - shall enjoy the three and a half hours of freedom that I have left.

Sponge Wed 20-Apr-05 11:36:18

Don't worry sparkler. My dd was in nursery from 4 months but suddenly at about 2.5 she started getting clingy and crying in the mornings. She was always fine after I left and fine when I picked her up. She grew out of it and was fine going off in the mornings after a while. It is always worse after a break too when they've got used to being with you.
I think it's a phase a lot of children go through and you just have to grit your teeth. It does feel awful to leave them crying though I know.

almostanangel Wed 20-Apr-05 16:05:11

ok sparckler ??

Christie Wed 20-Apr-05 20:14:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now