Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is anyone else having the day from hell?

(18 Posts)
GoodGrrrlGoneBad Tue 03-Mar-09 12:35:55

Both toddlers kept us up all night and then up since before 5am. I was already tired as it was, and now i'm so sleep deprived i'm quite frankly a horrible mother today. If i haven't been shouting and screaming over very little, i've been on the verge of tears or just letting Cbeebies do the work. sad Please tell me i'm not alone today- i feel like a rotten shitty mother with no self control.

appleeater Tue 03-Mar-09 13:40:35

Not having a horrendous day, but didn't want to leave you without a response! Think it might be a day to let Cbeebies do the work for you. It doesn't happen every day. Your not a shitty mother, you're knackered. No one can function on hardly any sleep. Is there anyone who could come round and look after the kids for an hour or 2 while you get some sleep? Hope the week improves for you.

nickytwotimes Tue 03-Mar-09 13:41:33

If no sleep, then Cbeebies for the day is absolutely fine!

<manly pat on shoulder>

laundrygoblin Tue 03-Mar-09 13:42:04

Yes. Day from hell.
And that's all I'm going to say on the matter.angry

MrsFreedy Tue 03-Mar-09 13:54:43

I know that day from hell feeling very well.

Sometimes the best way to deal with it is to get out of the house and go to a park - preferably one that has a cafe. A bit of fresh air whilst they are running around the park may make you feel tons better than staying in, it should also knacker them out so they sleep better tonight.

It always worked for me when my x2 were toddlers.

GoodGrrrlGoneBad Tue 03-Mar-09 13:56:35

no, no guardian angel to come help, but DH will be home in a couple of hrs with wine, thank god.

you know, i was prepared for almost everything about parenting apart from the sleep deprivation. it turns me into a horrible, horrible person. sad

GoodGrrrlGoneBad Tue 03-Mar-09 13:57:13

thanks mrsfreedy, but it's pouring down and their wellies are at the CMs.

BarrelOfMonkeys Tue 03-Mar-09 13:59:29

I had day from hell yesterday, but today is better if that helps! smile

thefortbuilder Tue 03-Mar-09 13:59:36

push the sofas / sofa and table / sofa and couple of chairs together and chuck a couple of blankets over the top and make them a den.

then put cbeebies on!

not day from hell here today but have had enough of them recently to sympathise.

our supplies of red wine have gone down rather blush

MrsFreedy Tue 03-Mar-09 14:01:23

typical! and it was dry yesterday.

pagwatch Tue 03-Mar-09 14:02:05

No. I had mine last Thursday.

AmIWhatAndWhy Tue 03-Mar-09 14:05:46

Me too. DS was up until 1am and I fell asleep in his bed so now feel really sore from being cramped. Then I failed to get him into preschool as the double buggy wouldn't unfold and he totally refused to walk. We were sitting on the pavement for 20 minutes as he screamed and thrashed on the floor and some idiot in a van slowed down to yell at my that I was a "shit mum".

He's refusing to eat, and DD wants to go to the park but I'm worried to even try. I can't even bring myself to try and go to the shop for some milk.

I'm trying to think, this too shall pass, but it's hard work.

HSMM Tue 03-Mar-09 14:07:06

Had mine yesterday. When my DD went to bed, she said "Mummy. How am I supposed to be in a good mood when you are in a bad mood?". I had to stop myself from saying "Well ... you started it"! smile

GoodGrrrlGoneBad Tue 03-Mar-09 14:18:16

i have made a dash to the local shop for Milky Ways. Lazy parenting, but effective!

PlumpRumpSoggyBaps Tue 03-Mar-09 14:24:04

AmI- am shock and angry at Van Man.

Did you not think to take your AK47??

Iggerant sod.

Sorry you're having a rough day GoodGrrrl- I'm just having a blank day and I'm letting Handy Manny do all the work. (Not as exciting as it sounds, really....) Tomorrow Will Be Better!!!! wink

GoodGrrrlGoneBad Tue 03-Mar-09 14:33:15

amiwhat- that's awful! Some people are f*ing idiots.

I've calmed down a fair bit since this morning. Now i'm mostly bored and mildly irritated.

I've decided wine, chocolate and sleep is needed. Urgently.

And i'm getting strict with the boys tonight, their sleep is getting ridiculous.

GoodGrrrlGoneBad Tue 03-Mar-09 15:01:20

i take it all back. i haven't calmed down. the neighbours must think i'm a horrible woman.

I tried playing the kids Elvis and giving them Nutela sandwiches, which seems to make them happy for a while. Then DS2 peed all over the floor and i exploded again.

I wish i had a time machine. Or a nanny.

lilymolly Tue 03-Mar-09 15:04:10

oh crap day here too

38 weeks pregnant, full of cold, sore throat, tired, dd 3 year old being lovely but hard work and dogs are getting on my nerves
dp (at work)about as useful as a chocolate fire guard- in fact fecking useless and totally insupportive

so massive sympathies xxxxxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now