Talk

Advanced search

3yo hoodie

(2 Posts)
apostrophe Fri 27-Feb-09 21:25:00

Message withdrawn

kitkatqueen Fri 27-Feb-09 23:45:55

Hi can totally sympathise - dd1 has hearing problems too and anything obscuring her ears makes it so much worse - we had to explain to her aged about 3 that she couldn't have milk anymore because that is a primary cause of her hearing problems. A change of coat isn't nearly so drastic a thing to get used to and no u are definatley not being a cow!!!

Could you take him shopping for a new coat? Make it a special shopping trip and then once he's used to the new exciting coat lose the old one and buy him a hat instead?

Rational explanations don't really work too well at age 3 - also my dd had probs at nursery making friends when she couldn't hear what the other children were saying - if she ignored a child because she hadn't heard what was said that child would not persist in talking to her again and then treated her differently. When she finally did get a best friend we were quite relieved - as it turned out the little girl in question had had a cold and become deaf - consequently she was shouting at everyone and my dd could hear her - and she could hear my daughter!!!

What is causing your son's hearing problems?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now