Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

dd upset when looking at her 'flower' please dont laugh

(40 Posts)
nailpolish Wed 13-Apr-05 12:40:54

please dont laugh

dd1 (2.5 yrs) was in the nude after bathtime last night on my bed and was sitting up, inspecting her 'flower', which is fine.

but she suddenly started crying (loads of tears!) when she saw the 'middle bit' and was horrified and said 'mummy ive got a willy'

i couldnt calm her down for ages

it was awful

she is still talking about it today, and i went to give her a clean nappy and she said 'dont look at my willy' 'am i a boy mummy' upset all over again

FastasleepTheInsomniac Wed 13-Apr-05 12:42:11

Awwww nailpolish your poor DD, do you think someone's said something to trigger it?

TrophyWifeWasNnosam Wed 13-Apr-05 12:42:13

ahhh, bless her. poor little mite.

Kayleigh Wed 13-Apr-05 12:43:29

nailpolish, could you show her yours so she can see you are they same.

FastasleepTheInsomniac Wed 13-Apr-05 12:44:28

I remember seeing my mums though and thinking 'AAAH what on earth is that furry thing...I don't want a furry thing!!'...*shudders at the memory* lol

nailpolish Wed 13-Apr-05 12:44:28

no, i was thinking that at first but i think its because she goes to a cm, and there is a little boy there who is a wee bit older, who the cm is trying to potty train just now, therefore he runs around in the nude quite a bit. the cm has probably said 'willy' when my dd has asked 'whats that'

just a guess

also she has seen her daddy's!

nailpolish Wed 13-Apr-05 12:46:00

i have asked her this morning to help me change dd2's nappy, and i said 'look, dd2's got the same flower as you' will show her mine too for extra reassurance although she will be confused by the pubes

Kayleigh Wed 13-Apr-05 12:46:14

FastasleepTheInsomniac, nailpolish could always have a bit of a wax first !

FastasleepTheInsomniac Wed 13-Apr-05 12:47:05

Put me off furry things for life that did! Your poor little DD, it's hard being a kid isn't it!

FastasleepTheInsomniac Wed 13-Apr-05 12:47:30

A wax just to show it to your DD? Torture!

nailpolish Wed 13-Apr-05 12:47:39

kayleigh, would have to be a brazilian (or is it a hollywood where you get the whole lot off?)

thanks for making me feel better everyone!

NomDePlume Wed 13-Apr-05 12:47:54

Bless her, but I did have a little giggle. Sorry

nailpolish Wed 13-Apr-05 12:48:44

trust you ndp

Gumdrop Wed 13-Apr-05 12:49:48

Oh poor little love!

I don't think I could face compare and contrast with my dds' flowers , but might it be worth explaining that everyone's flower has the middle bit, and even getting an anatomical diagram from the net etc?

Kayleigh Wed 13-Apr-05 12:49:51

think it's a hollywood nailpolish. Ouchhhh, how painful would that be?
A brazillian is just the strip. Not that I have ever had either

FastasleepTheInsomniac Wed 13-Apr-05 12:50:39

...Shaving is nicer......well I did say my mum put me off furry things for life!

nailpolish Wed 13-Apr-05 12:50:59

another question do you think i should tell her what it is? or give it a name? shes only 2........

NomDePlume Wed 13-Apr-05 12:51:25

I was giggling at the pubes stuff rather than your DD's reaction btw, np.

nailpolish Wed 13-Apr-05 12:51:46

kayleigh ive had a brazilian, you have to go down on all fours for the hard to reach bits

never again <<crosses legs>>

NomDePlume Wed 13-Apr-05 12:52:06

I wouldn't, I'd just tell her that it's part of her 'flower' no need to get graphic with her, IMO.

nailpolish Wed 13-Apr-05 12:52:40

ndp you were giggling at my pubes????!!!!

coldtea Wed 13-Apr-05 12:53:03

All this talk of hair reminded me of a very funny story.

My sisters friend had cleared her hairbriush of hair & thrown it down the toilet without flushing it. Her 3yo dd then went in to have a wee & announced "mummy your 'mini' is in the toilet"

nailpolish Wed 13-Apr-05 12:53:10

i dont think i will ndp, she didnt ask

NomDePlume Wed 13-Apr-05 12:53:20

Kayleigh Wed 13-Apr-05 12:53:32

don't think you can go wrong with "vagina" nailpolish. It's anatomically correct and I don't think it's a good idea for kids to call their bits names that other kids or adults don't understand.
Leads to misunderstanding and possible teasing.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: