Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help - I don't want to see my HV any more!

(8 Posts)
mummytosteven Wed 13-Apr-05 09:33:58

Basically following various problems with depression/anxiety in PG (now pretty much resolved) I had the dubious pleasure of being subject to some very regular home visits from my HV. My HV was of the "Health Police" type - i.e. completely demoralised me, interrogated me, v. authoritarian, and made me very unhappy with her grudging praise and sweeping criticism.

When the HV changed over when DS was about 7 months, I was at the point of getting it down to monthly visits till the end of weaning. I never met my new HV, and my HV hasn't bothered to contact me until today, about six months later - suggesting a home visit. I refused and said I would come and see her in clinic next week. In the interim time I have been to clinic once to get S weighed and for the 8 month check (but for various reasons they didn't carry it out).

Please help me figure out how to tell my new HV I don't want to be back on the home visits etc regime, and have managed perfectly well without her for several months.

nailpolish Wed 13-Apr-05 09:35:14

just tell her you are managing fine, dont want regular visits, you will contact her if you have any queries. smile and walk away

ggglimpopo Wed 13-Apr-05 09:36:03

Message withdrawn

Frizbe Wed 13-Apr-05 09:37:28

Hi I wouldn't worry too much, my health visitor hasn't been to see me at home since dd was born! and I've not been anywhere near her since the hearing tests (are they 9mths?) I'm sure one of the resident HV's will be along to give more advice soon, but don't worry, you've done the right thing by saying you'll go to her and keeping things firmly in the office as it were!

mummytosteven Wed 13-Apr-05 09:37:35

thanks

I know I have the right to do that, but given my old ones previous comments to me - telling me how I was doing a lot of things wrong, needed more support, wasn't instinctive enough I am terrified that my notes look so bad that I would get referred to social services if I said I didn't want to see her

nailpolish Wed 13-Apr-05 09:41:38

i dont think yu should worry about that, unless your hv is a total dragon

bibiboo Wed 13-Apr-05 11:45:58

Just say you're not requiring any home visits now, everything's fine and you have her number/know where she is if you need her. Polite but to the point. Good luck.

BROWNY Wed 13-Apr-05 11:54:45

Hi MTS,

I agree with nailpolish and bibiboo, you don't even have to go to the clinic to meet your new HV (only if you'd like to). I'd just 'phone her and tell her that you are coping fine now thanks and you know her number in case you need any help - that's all you need to do.

I haven't had any contact with my HV whatsoever (my ds's 8th month check was done at home when he was 6 months old !!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now