Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook

Find out more

Quinny buzz or bugaboo frog?

(19 Posts)
Jackjack Thu 19-Feb-09 21:02:16

Ds3 is now 5mths and I'd like to get rid of my old M&P pram for something just as comfy,but easier to get in and out of car and more practical. Saw a buzz yesterday and it looked fab, a friend recommended the frog to me. Will be getting a secondhand one from ebay. Any comments welcome please.

lockets Thu 19-Feb-09 21:04:38

Message withdrawn

PinkyMinxy Thu 19-Feb-09 21:05:57

Frog. I loved mine. But I have a Bee now and that's a lovely stroller.

trixymalixy Thu 19-Feb-09 21:19:57

Buzz is heavy and bulky when folded.

Frog is light and bulky when folded.

I would avoid both of them if you want something that's easy to get in and out of the car.

I would get something that you don't have to take the seat off to fold.

I love my Micralite toro, all my bugaboo owning friends go green when I get it out of the car and open it in one easy action.Miles cheaper as well.

kitsmummy Thu 19-Feb-09 21:23:32

I have bug Cameleon and totally love it, my friend adores her frog

sheilatakeabow Thu 19-Feb-09 21:24:03

The bugaboo is a pain in the arse for getting out of the car. Fab once its up, but of your sole reason for changing is to make the car aspect easier, don't get the bugaboo

nigglewiggle Thu 19-Feb-09 21:26:49

Had a Frog and loved it. Some bugger stole it and now have Cameleon as they don't make Frogs anymore. Not so keen on the Cam. But would def recommend a Frog.

2pt4kids Thu 19-Feb-09 21:27:30

Buzz is a pile of shite
I've not had a frog, but have the bugaboo bee stroller and its a dream

Disenchanted3 Thu 19-Feb-09 21:30:42

is the bee good on roads?

our roads tend to be not so even

worried it would be rickity ride?

CarGirl Thu 19-Feb-09 21:33:18

Frog is wonderful (but you do have to take it apart to get in the car)

Buzz is one of the worst prams (I've had many) I've tried.

PinkyMinxy Thu 19-Feb-09 21:48:28

It's not as smooth as say my P&T, but the suspension on it is very good. And our pavements here are bad- full of tree roots etc.

DH was very sceptical about it when we first got it, but he thinks its fab.

Apart from the fact that it's so light, folds up in one and the brake is better, the recline is great, as it will lie flat- whereas in the frog/cam the seat unit reclined makes the child's feet stick in the air.

I can easily swap between baby and toddler, which suits me.

shawad Fri 20-Feb-09 09:03:58

Bugaboo are for people with more money than sense. The Buzz is still expensive, but at least you're getting a solid pushchair. You are supposedly able to fold it with the seat attached, but I've never managed this. The seat comes off quickly though.

I've watched my neighbour taking her Bugaboo to bits to get it in the boot of her car, and spending ages building it back up again.

PinkyMinxy Fri 20-Feb-09 10:23:29

It took us about ten seconds to fold our Frog when we had it.

Plus I sold my Frog after three years for around three quaters of the purchase price- made quite a lot of sense to me.

nigglewiggle Fri 20-Feb-09 10:26:34

I had no problem folding the frog and I have a avg hatch-back. No dismantling necessary!

I think I have quite a lot of sense too PM!

CarGirl Fri 20-Feb-09 11:01:50

shawad the bugaboo is worth the price tag I hve had hundreds of pushchairs and the frog is one of the lightest and easiest to push with a toddler sat in it and one on the buggyboard. I've owned several and most of them I've sold for as much as I paid for them, if not more - so buy 2nd hand and sell it on and it will have cost you very little.

I also prefer the frog to the cam as it is easier to steer I think because the wheel base is shorter and the seat frame a tiny bit smaller but it does make a difference. Also frog material is more hard wearing than the cam stuff. I've not a gecko though.

llareggub Fri 20-Feb-09 11:15:20

I think the Buzz is fine, to be honest. I don't find it particularly heavy. I'm quite happy with it.

christiana Fri 20-Feb-09 11:28:25

Message withdrawn

CarGirl Fri 20-Feb-09 12:31:57

nipper 360 fab pushchair I agree!!

Main downside of the buzz is that the rear wheel width measurement, it come up wide and they can be tricky to fold, mine was well used and still stiff to fold but I think that is because I have small hands I struggled with the side knob bits?

Jackjack Fri 20-Feb-09 21:13:19

Thankyou all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now