Talk

Advanced search

Do I have toy OCD?

(8 Posts)
apostrophe Thu 05-Feb-09 21:11:55

Message withdrawn

BlueberryPancake Thu 05-Feb-09 21:14:15

Short answer to your question: Yes! Kids make you do the stupid things. I keep a 'lost items' bucket. Anything that is found - under the sofa, TV, in utensils drawer(??) is put into the bucket, and at the end of the week we (together with the kids) find their 'homes'. It's good fun, and stops me from going mad.

BibiThree Thu 05-Feb-09 21:15:40

For the last 4 years I have counted the building blocks so at the end of a heavy day of construction, exactly 100 go back in the tub. I hate myself for it, but I can't help it. grin

mollythetortoise Thu 05-Feb-09 21:23:35

about six months ago I bought 3 large plastic tubs for all the small annoying things to go in. One was for things with wheels, one was for people, animal shaped things or happyland stuff and the other was for things that didn't fit into either of these two categories. It was soooooo satisfying and lastest about 2 days.

rempy Thu 05-Feb-09 21:26:30

I have to confess to this too.

I was actually distraught and looking on ebay for replacements when I couldnt find the blue and the orange click clack cars.

Obviously DD had put them in a very special hidey place - my shopping bag......

PigeonPie Thu 05-Feb-09 21:30:17

It happens to me too! However, I do think it's worth it! My sister was fairly scrupulous and the benefit is that my DSs have most of the toys that her two have grown out of - and because I do it too, I hope I'll be able to hand them on to someone else as well.

Acinonyx Thu 05-Feb-09 21:39:10

Oh me too. I have so many buckets for bits and pieces. Dd just redistributes the parts for everything all over the house, in odd little constructions, arrangements, shopping 'bags' - drives me mad.

And I'm totally anal about pen lids. Got to find them and put them on. Dd is now totally on board and we are both aghast when confronted with a box of unlidded, sad, dired out pens.

Perhpas I need hypnotherapy...

Overmydeadbody Thu 05-Feb-09 21:42:05

I used to be like this...but thsnkfully I was cured when DS started on his lego obsession

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now