Talk

Advanced search

Bathing....

(10 Posts)
MeNmyGirl Tue 27-Jan-09 22:00:50

Just wondering...this was a topic brought up earlier with us mums chatting waiting to collect lo's from school and a few diff things were said...i wanted to see what everyone else thought,..

What age did all you mummys stop bathing with your DD?

Shhhh Tue 27-Jan-09 22:07:17

What do you mean..? Having a bath with them or showers or walking around naked.?

DD is only 3.6yrs and I don't cover up iykiwm and bath/shower with her and ds (23mths) whenever BUT Im not OTT iykiwm. Only nude when I need to be..

I remember my mum with lack of clothes (due to showering etc)till I left home I guess...obviously not showering together etc

why..?

sandyballs Tue 27-Jan-09 22:11:33

I hadn't had a bath with my DD's (8) for a long time but one of them jumped in with me on Sat and it was lovely, laying there in the bubbles, chatting. So my answer would be, don't stop until they want to, or get too big to fit in!

MeNmyGirl Tue 27-Jan-09 22:59:45

Ahh thanks,...the mums seemed a little shocked at me for bathing with DD whos 4,..she loves playing in the bath with me! I dont get much choice either lol if i have a bath when shes awake,..she'l just strip nakie n get in lol

Shhhh Tue 27-Jan-09 23:20:20

but thats how it should be imo....shame that some people have the innocence lost so soon iykiwm...

Lo's don't understand nudeness..which is how it should be in the right circumstances.

IdrisTheDragon Tue 27-Jan-09 23:22:20

DS is 5 - if I ever have a bath when he's awake, he will often get in with me. I sometimes have a bath with him and DD (3). Will stop when any of us feel uncomfortable.

Tidgypuds Tue 27-Jan-09 23:25:09

For as long as they want to, my DS (7) & DD (4) and myself all have a bath together and its our time to chat away, sing and enjoy the bubbles.

chloejessmeg Wed 28-Jan-09 09:43:01

Agree, as long as they want to.

freckles87 Wed 09-Sep-09 00:22:49

Hello,

I need your help!

I am working on a brief for Mama’s and Papa’s to design a new range of bathing products. I would be very grateful if you could take a few minutes to complete the questionnaire below, as the insight of parents are essential in producing effective products for the range.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=OTyxopxbyAhpG3JqbZZWvg3d3d

It would also be a great help to me if you could forward this to other parents that you know, as I need to collect as much information as possible before Thursday.

Thank you so much (in anticipation of your help!)

kreecherlivesupstairs Wed 09-Sep-09 08:05:38

Not you again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now