Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

will sex ever be the same?

(8 Posts)
daisey Tue 05-Apr-05 22:46:40

Ive completely gone off sex since the birth of my 1st baby (now 6mths). Its just become another house hold chore.I dont feel sexy in the slightest. Whenever my dp touches my breasts I just want to freak out and all that goes through my mind is I shouldnt be doing this Im a mother now.Im only 24yr and I dont feel like I can be sexy and naughty ne more. I just feel like a milking cow.

debs26 Tue 05-Apr-05 22:51:09

thats because your body is looking after your baby. after ds1 i got into sex about 3 months afterwards, ds2 was 7months and ds3 is now 10 months and things are not yet back to normal. i think this has direct correlation with how long i b/f for. dont worry, it does come back, you are probably just knackered

kama Tue 05-Apr-05 23:03:26

Message withdrawn

kama Tue 05-Apr-05 23:06:23

Message withdrawn

sallycinnamon Wed 06-Apr-05 09:10:53

HV said to me if you don't use it you lose it (how very understanding!). So we started having sex about 2 months after dd was born as I felt like we should. I resented being made to feel like I had to be this amazing sexy wife and mother when really all I wanted to do was look after dd and SLEEP!! Have sex when you want to and feel comfortable doing so. Everyone is different.

nailpolish Wed 06-Apr-05 09:14:10

someone once told me your hormones or whatever do this to you as natures way of not wanting you to get pg again til your body has recovered from the last pg. it makes sense to me anyway!

just relax and go with how you feel, if you feel anxious or pressured it will only make the situation worse. also, bear in mind you are not alone, you are completely normal

best wishes

KristinaM Wed 06-Apr-05 09:22:31

Daisy - dont feel bad - its not you, its just the combination of Bf hormones and the shock to your body and probably the subtle changes that have taken place in your relationship.It will change in time.Is your Dp being understanding??? Maybe your breasts need to be off limits to him for a while - there are lots of other erogenous zones as you know!!!!!!
I was much more bothered about my saggy tummy, flabby bottom and big milky breasts that my Dh was - he didnt seem to mind but the changes in my previously trim size 8 body just freaked me out a bit.

daisey Wed 06-Apr-05 14:29:27

Thanks every1 its just nice knowing im not alone.Im guess im just worried about neglecting my relationship with my dh. I just feel like every1 wants a bit of me in some way.Im sure my dh would understand how I feel I have a word 2nite.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now