Talk

Advanced search

I'm new and feeling lost

(26 Posts)
tykeylady Tue 05-Apr-05 14:13:17

Hi
I've been lurking for a while. My name is Vicki and I'm mummy to Joe age 4. I'm a teacher and part time WAHM. I'm hoping this is a nice friendly place where I can while away the hours!
Vicki
x

jangly Tue 05-Apr-05 14:14:13

You will definitely while away the hours! And its usually friendly.

Fimbo Tue 05-Apr-05 14:15:31

Hi. Don't worry you will soon be addicted. I spend all my time on here when ds has his nap. I am a SAHM with ds (nearly 16mths) and dd (7 in June).

Kayleigh Tue 05-Apr-05 14:17:45

Hello tykeylady and welcome. You will soon be addicted
And it'll all stay friendly as long as you don't want to discuss religion, circumsicion or breatfeeding vs formula feeding

SoupDragon Tue 05-Apr-05 14:19:15

Hi Tykeylady. Not sure about whiling away the hours but hours from my day certainly disappear somewhere when I'm on Mumsnet

Aimsmum Tue 05-Apr-05 14:22:43

Message withdrawn

Lonelymum Tue 05-Apr-05 14:32:33

Welcome to Mumsnet Tykeylady. This is a very good place to while away the hours and days and even weeks if you let it!

In addition to Kayleigh's list, can I suggest you don't admit to feeding your son grapes in supermarkets before paying for them, or let on that you like ear piecings on children under the age of 16! Ohtherwise, most topics are up for discussion and there is support and advice to be had by the bucket load! have fun

tykeylady Tue 05-Apr-05 15:04:51

PMSL Thanks for all the tips. I'll try and remember and if I forget, I'm good at ducking!
Vickix

HappyDaddy Tue 05-Apr-05 15:22:30

Hello new person. Can I recommnd that you don't talk to us men, it might look like flirting!

sorrel Tue 05-Apr-05 15:57:52

hi tykeylady, welcome. i lurked for nearly a year before I said anything . now the hours float past and the housework has gone to the dogs.

bubba78 Tue 05-Apr-05 16:21:06

hello tykeylady, because you were brave, you've inspired me to be brave too and venture out (I'm a virgin mumsnet user). Although having said that, I haven't actually ventured out(side the house) at all. I've been reading everyones messages. Is it ok to spend the whole day indoors with a 5 and 2 yr old just sitting at the computer? I have had to break off every now and again to get them down from the ceiling - oh and get husbands microwavable tea out from freezer....most inconvenient!!

k9kuts Tue 05-Apr-05 16:47:41

hello,im fairly new 2 and have got to say took me a while to get going but with a mil from hell i really needed 2 let off steam &once i got going theres no stopping me now!and im sure you will be exactly the same x

Cristina7 Tue 05-Apr-05 16:49:14

Hi Vicki, welcome here. I have a 5 year old son and a month old daughter.

dottee Wed 20-Apr-05 20:09:05

Welcome to the world of MN! Oh you'll get addicted!

nightowl Thu 21-Apr-05 04:34:17

hiya, welcome. so long as you avoid any subject that could be discussed youll be fine. only joking, sorry . theyre all very nice ladies..erm and gentlemen really.

rosiegif Thu 21-Apr-05 12:27:46

I'm quite new too, and a little lost in this MN world. I have two dd's aged 2 months and 2 years.
I'm still on mat leave just now, and am spending increasing amounts of time reading stuff on here....housework suffering big time!

almostanangel Thu 21-Apr-05 12:41:25

welcome its not addictive!!!! MUCH!! lol
lonley mum??as re .. grapes and children in supermarkets..my mum is 84 and in a wheelchair if i put the grapes in the trolly too near her SHE eats them AND spits out the pips arghhhhhhhhhhh!!

PuffTheMagicDragon Thu 21-Apr-05 13:02:25

hello

MarsLady Thu 21-Apr-05 13:06:37

hi!

Toothache Thu 21-Apr-05 13:27:04

Hi Tykeylady and Rosigif!! Welcome.

I pretty positive I'll get fired for the time I spend on MN.... but ho hum.. I need it... it's like a drug.... I don't think we can get Mumsnet patches yet, can we????

[manic smiley]

motherofboys Fri 22-Apr-05 10:29:05

I only joined two days ago and already look at the chat pages every chance I get - guess it does become addictive! Got three DS1 (9), DS2 (7) and DS3 (4)

BROWNY Fri 22-Apr-05 11:11:59

Hi Motherofboys, Tykeylady and Rosigif!!

You're going to love it on here - "stuff the housework" - that's what I say!!

Motherofboys, my children are near in age to your boys, I have dd(9),dd(7half), ds(5half) and ds 11months and I'm a SAHM!

Look forward to chatting to you all soon

motherofboys Fri 22-Apr-05 14:25:08

Hi Browny - what is "housework"??!! Not a term I'm familiar with.............

Gwenick Fri 22-Apr-05 14:28:10

H$£")(%)K! please don't swear it's very rude!!!!

ambrosia Fri 22-Apr-05 14:40:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now