Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

I would never do this....

(29 Posts)
ggglimpopo Fri 01-Apr-05 18:58:53

Message withdrawn

Rowlers Fri 01-Apr-05 19:04:35

That's not nice. Poor boy. Is he OK about it? I hope it is an oversight and his invitiation arrives next week.

darlingbud Fri 01-Apr-05 19:04:36

I would be too poor lad.

ggglimpopo Fri 01-Apr-05 19:05:49

Message withdrawn

Twiglett Fri 01-Apr-05 19:06:03

how do you know he's the only one?

do you know the mother well enough to phone her and ask

Caligula Fri 01-Apr-05 19:07:25

Ah, poor little boy. It must be an oversight, surely?

ggglimpopo Fri 01-Apr-05 19:07:30

Message withdrawn

snafu Fri 01-Apr-05 19:08:33

Oh poor ds. And he thinks he's been invited? God, I hate things like this - I would never do that either. I'd be absolutely livid at the mother, tbh.

Caligula Fri 01-Apr-05 19:09:10

Could just be that the invite somehow didn't make it into his bag and she's cursing you for being too rude to let her know if he's coming or not!

Is it too late to find out her number and ask her? You could say that he's insistent he's been invited, and you're embarressed about having to ask her, but he's been nagging you...

snafu Fri 01-Apr-05 19:09:23

It must be a mistake, surely? How could someone knowingly leave out one child?

ScummyMummy Fri 01-Apr-05 19:10:54

That's a good idea, Caligula. Would you feel ok about doing that, ggg?

LIZS Fri 01-Apr-05 19:11:03

Presumably they have been talking about it at school. We have a rule that invitations are not issued through school unless everyone in a class is invited but ds often hears of other parties anyway.

ggglimpopo Fri 01-Apr-05 19:12:03

Message withdrawn

trefusis Fri 01-Apr-05 19:12:07

Message withdrawn

Caligula Fri 01-Apr-05 19:12:33

You could also say that you've just heard about it and want to make sure she knows you're not being rude by not responding - make it about your manners, not hers! (Then it won't sound like you're attacking her for not inviting him!)

collision Fri 01-Apr-05 19:13:11

I really really doubt that he hasnt been invited. I would ring her and say that you are very embarrassed at having to call but etc etc and that you have other plans but your ds is insistent that he is going to the party and is it OK if he goes. You will feel awful if he should have gone and the invite went missing or something.

trefusis Fri 01-Apr-05 19:15:05

Message withdrawn

ScummyMummy Fri 01-Apr-05 19:16:00

Oh good. Fingers crossed that it's all a silly mix up.

Maddison Fri 01-Apr-05 19:21:38

What a nasty thing to do (if it has been intentional)

If it was my DS I think I would feel worse for him if I didn't do anything about it so I think Caligula is right

handlemecarefully Fri 01-Apr-05 19:51:40

Keep us posted ggglimpopo, I sincerely hope it turns out to be a mistake and he is invited after all

ggglimpopo Sat 02-Apr-05 09:11:01

Message withdrawn

bakedpotato Sat 02-Apr-05 09:14:27

grr on your behalf. hope he has a lovely time, and bet the partygiving mum feels very and .
should make her think, at least.

snafu Sat 02-Apr-05 09:52:30

for your ds. You don't just leave 'a couple' out, fgs. You invite a select few or the whole lot.

Anywaaaaay - hope your ds has a lovely time and the mother is suitably about the whole thing. Grrrr!

ScummyMummy Sat 02-Apr-05 09:54:26

Oh sweetie. It's not your fault or your ds's that this family clearly got the whole invite thing wrong wrong wrong, is it? It is a minefield all this stuff but I think the vast majority of people would either invite everyone in a class or a sufficiently small number to be very clear that for size/expense reasons not all children can be accomodated. If they've invited almost everyone then they've mucked up a bit, frankly. Easily done, but repercussions are inevitable- it's just a shame that it's your wee lad who's been caught by their bad planning. Thank goodness the mother has seen sense and invited him now. I would just shove the thought of their initial mismanagement of the event to the back of your mind and send ds along to have a lovely time. I'm sure he'll be an asset to the proceedings.

ambrosia Sat 02-Apr-05 10:50:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: