Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

*help! * from growbag to covers!!

(9 Posts)
elliemae Thu 24-Mar-05 14:26:18

hi anyone with any advice on how to get 2 year old dd out of a grow bag and into a normal quilt??
Its gonna be difficult as she is all over the place in her cot,Im a bit warry as she has never had blankets! She is still in cot bed as only just started to walk.Any tips?????

TracyK Thu 24-Mar-05 14:27:54

can you get an extra long quilt so that is can be tucked in?
why does she have to come out of a gro bag?

elliemae Thu 24-Mar-05 14:44:26

hi tracyk

she is getting too long for the grow bag (sz18-24 mnth) as it`s shrunk in the wash over time and she is tall for her age.So keen to change as i haven`t seen growbags available in larger sizes.

maomao Thu 24-Mar-05 14:46:33

Our grobag goes up to 36 months --- ordered it from kiddicare.com.

Here's a question for you, elliemae --- where did you find a quilt for your toddler bed?

zubb Thu 24-Mar-05 14:58:30

maomao - they do the quilts in Mothercare.

elliemae - as maomao said some grobags go up to 36 months. We changed ds1 at 2.5 as he went to a bed, and he was fine. He was always a wriggler, but seemed to like being in a 'big boys' bed, and you can tuck in the quilt or use blankets to make sure that they can't kick them off.

maomao Thu 24-Mar-05 15:06:38

Thanks, zubb

lalaa Thu 24-Mar-05 15:07:02

we put dd under covers when she worked out how to unzip the grobag......(20 months?)
No problems - yes, she wriggles about a bit, but we always go and re-cover her just before we go to bed and it usually isn't a problem at all. good time to do it as it's getting warmer anyway.

elliemae Fri 25-Mar-05 22:18:17

hi
thaks for the advice ,i`ll look for a larger grow bag i think for the minute, then nearer summer i`l do the change.
Still worried about the figgiting as she changes ends of bed all the time but i suppose it`s easy in a growbag ,she will be more restricted with a quilt!!

milge Fri 25-Mar-05 22:33:45

hi, bumpto3 do grobags up to 36m. I kept my dt's in their grobags for about 2 weeks after swapping them into beds( with bed guards on) and then made a huge fuss of getting them into bed with me in the mornings under my duvet, asking them if they would like their own grown up duvet like Mummy, and chosing duvet covers in themes they would like. Then just swapped the bags for duvets one night, and they now sleep happily under their duvets. Still have grobags for nights away, but they are happy in their duvets at home. I think its a matter of not taking their comforts away all at once and talking about how grown up they will be.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now