Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone have The Place2Be in their dcs school?

(9 Posts)
moopymoo Tue 16-Dec-08 17:56:40

Have been for a placement interview there today and am wondering if there are any parents here with experience. I am in two minds about it as they want a pretty huge commitment on a completely volunteer basis. Plus I am not sure if I will be able to cope with the text speak in the name..wink Can lead to work though. Is a counselling service for children btw if anyone reading this and interested.

ScummyMummy Tue 16-Dec-08 18:09:10

Quite a few aquaintances of mine have done this. It has usually led to work for them and they've seemed to enjoy it.

RubyRioja Tue 16-Dec-08 18:10:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NotsoHoHoHO Tue 16-Dec-08 18:24:31

I havent heard of this. Can someone explain please?

moopymoo Wed 17-Dec-08 08:21:31

Ohh thanks for responses only just checked back. Notso - it is an independent confidential counselling service for children set in school. I am a trained counsellor though have zero experience of counselling children. They give good training though, and it is well supported. The leading to work is a big thing for me - they want a years commitment one full day a week and I need to bring some more money in asap! Am going to take it I think as even if they dont take me on paid there I would be qualified as a school counsellor which opens up lots of child friendly opportunities. And it is a fantastic opportunity to make a small difference to the lives of some children who are having huge adult sized problems.

moopymoo Wed 17-Dec-08 09:53:18

bumpy bump please tell me it is a Good Thing!

NotsoHoHoHO Wed 17-Dec-08 12:02:58

Sounds a good oportunity to me. Worth a try especially if it might lead to a paid job. So hard to get back into work after having children.

Ponjii72 Thu 26-Oct-17 21:28:40

Hi moopymoo. I'm just wondering if you took the placement with Place2Be and if so, how it went. I have an interview next week....

user1471134011 Fri 27-Oct-17 17:53:35

Is it part of the same crowd that ran Kidz Company? The Camilla B charity

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: