Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Ds always complaining of feeling sick don,t know what to make of him

(9 Posts)
chocaddict Mon 15-Dec-08 21:35:41

Hi
My ds has been complaining of stomach ache and feeling sick and I am at a loss as to what to do with him.
I have had this with him once before and I took him to the doctor she gave him a physical examination and did a urine test which came back clear.
She also asked him loads of questions about whether he was happy at home which made me feel awful and also if there was any prblems at school etc etc and my ds told her he was okay.
So now I am not sure what to make of him as he is doing this again.
I don,t think there is anything bothering him that could be causing it but I can,t help but be concerned about it and he seems to be doing it all the more lately.
Please is this a common thing with children and am I worrying about nothing.

kid Mon 15-Dec-08 21:40:01

My kids are often doing this to me just to get out of going to school.
I know there is no trouble at school as I work there!
I don't give in to them, I make them go to school even if they tell me they feel sick.

Not sure how old your DS is, but the story of the boy who cried wolf is often told to my children to warn them that one day they really will be sick, but I won't believe them!

chocaddict Mon 15-Dec-08 21:46:02

He is 8.
He goes to school okay has not tried to get out of going.
He will tell me he has stomach ache or feels sick at any time of the day.
I really don,t know what to think.

iheartdusty Mon 15-Dec-08 21:53:46

does he eat & drink enough? is he eating sensibly?

low blood sugar can cause sick feeling; is he allergic to anything?

Have you checked for threadworms - my DD feels sick when she gets them

Gateau Tue 16-Dec-08 09:27:10

I'm no expert, but from experience, I really don't think this is anything to worry about. I went through this when I was young - for no reason at all. I always THOUGHT I felt sick when I was in public places with my Mum, eg on buses, in town etc etc. I had this fear that I was going to be sick and had nowhere to go to be sick. I never was and I grew out of it.
It's just a thought, but maybe your DS is afraid of being sick in school in front of lots of people without you here.
Have you talked to him about it? - maybe you could find out what's really behind it, but my guess is that it's not much.
Can your GP shed any light on why he's doing it?

juicyjolly Tue 16-Dec-08 09:35:36

My ds used to say this on a daily basis for such a long time. She always had an appetite and never stopped playing!
Sometimes, when she was younger, I definitely thought she would say it because she was tired.

Othersideofthechannel Tue 16-Dec-08 09:42:45

DS confuses feeling sick with constipation. He can't eat because he feels sick, does a no. 2 and then finds his appetite again.

juicyjolly Tue 16-Dec-08 09:48:24

Actally, I have a grown up friend who feels sick before their no2's. So maybe it might make him feel a bit off when he wants to go?

pydge Tue 16-Dec-08 14:55:48

Take him back to docs. I persisted with my dd (4) when teachers brought it up at parents evening. Turns out she is suffering from migraines, which children can apparently experience as stomach ache. With my dd, she often IS sick before she gets any relief from it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now