Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

10 weeks old and has a cold :(

(7 Posts)
boohi Wed 16-Mar-05 18:34:59

im finding things very difficult at the moment as my 10 week old little girl has a cold and is all bunged up! she is soooo clingy and wingey...the only time she's happy is when she's plugged in (feeding). the thing is i dont know whether the fact that i cant put her down is due to her cold or me letting her get into bad habits!

Twiglett Wed 16-Mar-05 18:43:53

you can't give a baby of that age bad habits

she's feeling poorly with the cold and wants her mummy, you are comforting her, nothing wrong with that

plenty of time to sort out supposed 'bad habits' when she's older (not before 6 months in my view)

if she's bunged up, try breastmilk in her nose, it will soften the snot and you will be able to suck it out (you can get a sucky out bulb thing from the chemist)

Twiglett Wed 16-Mar-05 18:44:24

if you don't like the thought of breastmilk drops in her nose, then get saline solution also from the chemist

WestCountryLass Wed 16-Mar-05 21:36:09

Once she is better she won't be so clingy, she is still really weeny and needs her Mummy!

boohi Thu 17-Mar-05 11:48:33

Thanx 4 the advice as a first time mum, sometimes i feel like im doing everything wrong! I thought the same about the 'bad habits' but some people confused me cos they say that she is getting into bad habits.

Mcmini Fri 18-Mar-05 12:59:07

If she is bunged up you could try a few drops of Karvol on a cot sheet or something near her to help clear her nose. My DD, now 4 months had a bad cold at 6 weeks when me and DH both were nbedridden with flu. We used Karvol for her to help her breath, and also before a feed we would let her inhale it as it cleared her nose and helped her feed better.
It is heartbreakeing to see them sick so young but they take it sooo well.

chipmonkey Fri 18-Mar-05 13:39:13

I find the saline solution up the nose, then suction with the nasal aspirator works a treat. They don't like it at the time but it clears it up in a minute.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now