Talk

Advanced search

Quick straw poll.....please read

(86 Posts)
alexsmum Mon 14-Mar-05 22:29:14

I have to make a decision by tomorrow on whether or not to give my son the mmr jab.
My gut instinct is not to.His father wants him to have it.

SO ...what do you think?

yes or no?

colditzmum Mon 14-Mar-05 22:30:07

I did.

jampots Mon 14-Mar-05 22:30:28

yes

wobblyknicks Mon 14-Mar-05 22:30:42

I say yes, but only personal opinion. If there's no reason to suspect he'll have a bad reaction to it, better to get it over with and hopefully not have to think about it again.

jamiesam Mon 14-Mar-05 22:31:24

Yes

nappybaglady Mon 14-Mar-05 22:31:35

yes, without a moment of doubt.

Not going to look on this thread again though

milliways Mon 14-Mar-05 22:31:44

Yes

bubbly1973 Mon 14-Mar-05 22:31:46

i say yes...i hated making my decision but glad i gave it now

Cristina7 Mon 14-Mar-05 22:32:19

Yes.

lockets Mon 14-Mar-05 22:32:59

Message withdrawn

WellieMum Mon 14-Mar-05 22:33:02

Yes.

Fimbo Mon 14-Mar-05 22:33:27

My ds had his last Tuesday. He has a snotty cold now with a hacking cough which I thought was due to the MMR but DD (nearly 7) has come down with the same thing so it can't be. My dd had hers and the pre-school booster when she was 4 and has been perfectly fine, which swayed my decision.

huggybear Mon 14-Mar-05 22:34:55

i gave it to ds1

ds2 is due to have his next month so will be checking on this thread later

milward Mon 14-Mar-05 22:35:09

Yes - but only if your dh agress to nurses your ds if he has a temperature afterwards (if this reaction can come after the mmr?)

alexsmum Mon 14-Mar-05 22:36:51

ok i'm going to complicate matters now by chucking in the extra bit of info.
both my boys reacted to their primary immunisations and have had all consequent jabs administered by an immunologist.
ds1 had singles.

deegward Mon 14-Mar-05 22:37:08

Yes, have had both dss done, but a boy in ds1 class at school has not been done. He was off last week with " a virus from the measles family" and had a temp etc. his mum had him tested at a homeopath. Funnily enough since child has returned to school most people in the class have been off with hgh temps.

His mum stated that she was pleased it was of the measles family, because it showed that he would have some immunity if he got measles. I'm sorry but ffs!

Clayhead Mon 14-Mar-05 22:37:17

I did with both of mine

Gwenick Mon 14-Mar-05 22:40:02

yes - both of mine had - but if I had 'family circumstances' which may have affected it them I would have thought twice about it ikywim

lockets Mon 14-Mar-05 22:40:14

Message withdrawn

pixiefish Mon 14-Mar-05 22:40:19

I'm postponing mine till she's 18months old. was due it last week but she had a horrid cold so that took the decision out of my hands

whatsername Mon 14-Mar-05 22:43:01

Ds had it but dd didn't. I wouldn't give it to any future children, but only you could make the decision.

My advice is don't rush it - cancel the appointment, they will send you another one, meantime do your research and make a cool calm decision rather than a last minute one.

Ags Mon 14-Mar-05 22:44:13

I am one of those that is swayed by media reports. So I was very anti MMR because of the risk of Autism.

THEN, there were more media reports saying all was fine and there was no risk.

So I began to seriously believe that there was no risk of autism or at least a very minimal one.

However, when it came down to it, I decided to give the jabs separately as I was still concerned. Bloody expensive too but at least I didn't have to worry so much.

I think my advice is stick to your gut instinct but have him immunised however you decide to do it.

lockets Mon 14-Mar-05 22:45:11

Message withdrawn

Gwenick Mon 14-Mar-05 22:46:04

lockets - I'd agree with that - there's something going round at the moment, hitting all ages, immunised and non immunised - loads been of from DS1's nursery with it.

alexsmum Mon 14-Mar-05 22:46:25

whatsername, this an appointment with the immunologist rather than just a clinic appointment.We have had a couple of months to think about it, and it's crunch time basically.We still can't come to decision though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now