Talk

Advanced search

teething and rashes galore - advice

(10 Posts)
fatnhap Mon 14-Mar-05 18:50:59

i'm beginning to feel so sorry for my poor little dd with red rosy cheeks but rash all over her chin and now a bad nappy rash. never had nappy rash before so am i right to assume this could be related to teething? also, any ideas on soothing gums aside from bonjela ... i believe teething discomfort can last for weeks and weeks before the tooth surfaces; i don't fancy numbing dd's gums for so long ... or is it quite harmless to do so? anyone have any suggestions 'au naturel?' as for teething rings, they are just too bl--dy big?

Frizbe Mon 14-Mar-05 19:18:00

Sounds like it to me, I use vasolene on dd's face when she breaks out in a rash, as usually caused by all the dribbling...The homopathic teething powders are very good for soothing gums, Nelson's are the ones we use, from Boots...If you can get teething keys they're good, or 'mam' do a great teether that's ring on one end, and freezable gel on 3 stubby finger bits....I have in the past resorted to an icelolly which did the trick! (make your own!)

fatnhap Mon 14-Mar-05 19:22:56

gave dd ashtons homeopathic powder and she stopped pooing for 3 days!!! maybe because lactose base and she had a reaction to that ... not too keen to try that again!

laneydaye Mon 14-Mar-05 19:27:17

Hi, started a thread a couple of days ago on this same subject

mydd is 4.2 and really suffering i tried ashton powders and they made no difference what so ever..
i also got bonjela (from 2 months) and that dosent seem to make any difference either...
will just go and check what hunkermunker advised........

laneydaye Mon 14-Mar-05 19:28:58

its dentinox and ambesol.....

gonna get some dentinox tomorrow as my mam also advised it and she had 5 kids........

good luckxxxxx

Twiglett Mon 14-Mar-05 19:52:25

Ashton & Palmers teething powders are magical

it is harmless to keep numbing her gums with calgel / bongela .. it is more cruel to stop and let her deal with it with no pain relief (imagine your wisdom teeth coming through .. that's what its like)

vaseline on her chin

bepantham on her bum

Twiglett Mon 14-Mar-05 19:53:03

oops just read thread .. sorry that ashtons no good for you

WestCountryLass Mon 14-Mar-05 21:04:15

My DD likes chomping on a wet flannel when she is teething, I put them in the fridge to make them extra cold and it does the trick

californiagirl Mon 14-Mar-05 22:02:48

Frozen green beans. They don't last long, but they can get anywhere in the smallest mouth. Or we had a baby-safe feeder (a sort of a mesh bag with a handle) and put ice in it before DD started solids.

kittycan Mon 15-Aug-11 21:41:16

hey im new to this site so i hope ive done this right........my baby is teething she is 7 mths when i changed her nappy earlier her bum was very red and there were spots of blood on her nappy. when i tried to wipe her wiv a pampers babywipe she screamed the place down. is this a nappy rash? shud i jus clean her wiv water and cotten pads? is this normal? also is bepanthem enough to soothe her r do i nedd something stronger? any ideas would be greatly appreciated smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now