Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

babies and cat food!

(6 Posts)
macdoodle Sat 01-Nov-08 21:41:34

I have a very mobile 10 month old, she crawls like the clappers grin
We have a large kitchen/diner where we spend large parts of the day - we have a big rug on the cold, hard tiles full of baby friendly toys!
At the back door we have the cat flap and the cats food and water on a mat.....and despite all the toys, being distracted by me and her older sis, she ALWAYS makes a beeline for the food and the cat flap, I can usually just about beat her to it and lift it up out of her way, but we have had food and water on the floor, in her mouth, and she throws everything out the catflap and is figuring out she can probably get out herself!
So poor cat cannot get to his food or water for large parts of the day as he is not allowed on work surfaces or table - I remove her ...she goes straight back, I trap her in her high chair or walker....she screeches and arches to get out, I say no firnly...she giggles hysterically.....it may seem funny and not a problem but my poor old cat!
And nope not getting rid of cat - he predates both kids by a number of years

Xavielli Sat 01-Nov-08 21:45:45

Sell the kids? wink

macdoodle Sat 01-Nov-08 21:49:12

Do not tempt me ! grin

NorbertDentressangle Sat 01-Nov-08 21:50:44

I wouldn't worry about her eating the cat food -my DS ate some "second-hand" cat food (ie. cat sick/regurgitated cat food <<BOAK>>) at around that age shock.

It didn't appear to do him any harm -hes a strapping 4 yr old now and prefers to eat "human" food smile

macdoodle Sat 01-Nov-08 21:55:37

Not too worried about the baby grin worried my poor cat will feel neglected and unfed and run away
He is happy now both kids in bed and sat on my feet

OldLadyKnowsNothing Sat 01-Nov-08 21:58:28

The novelty will wear off sooner or later (it won't take long, honest, it'll just feel like it), but in the meantime it's a fun game for her and cat food is very high in protein. grin

MS DS2 liked the biscuits best. blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now