Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Feel guilty with DS watching TV all morning while I am sorting out house And MNetting!

(10 Posts)
NumberFour Fri 31-Oct-08 11:12:36

Mainly house work, though. But I feel so guilty that I should be doing something with him. He is 4, has a bit of a tummy upset and is lying down watching TV while I potter and tidy etc. Has been in front of TV for about 3 hours!!

Please tell me it's okay and I can carry on ironing / MNetting!!!

amanda12 Fri 31-Oct-08 12:50:15

It's fine thats what mine are doing as i have got a terrible cold. We are having a cbeebies day!! As long as its not all the time, tv doesn't hurt

bruces Fri 31-Oct-08 13:38:42

i've just waddled off the sofa to put some washing on,my 3 have spent the morning watching old disney videos and eating popcorn,my eldest who is 12 said it was nice to be doing nothing,also if you get most of the house work done today makes better for a fun weekend esp if its back to school on monday.

fizzbuzz Fri 31-Oct-08 13:57:48

I've been ill, dd has been ill, dp has been ill. Such fun!

Know Peppa Pig off by heart! grin blush

waitingtobloom Fri 31-Oct-08 14:01:34

I wish my ds would watch tv...too hyper to sit still lol. mak the most of it - wont hurt!

jadey24 Fri 31-Oct-08 14:31:23

Im soooo glad im not the only one who feels guilty about this too.

DD sits in her bouncer infrnt of box well i get on with housework.
To be fair i try and get away when she is asleep but she dont sleep for long and feel so bad that im not doing activitys with her.

How i look at it tho is if i just left the housework to spend every second with her the house would end up a mess and i would get really stressed coz of it and that wouldnt be good for dd to have a super stressed mommy.

Its hard but we have to be realistic and cant spend all out time with them..we need me time and house needs time.

I try and spend a few hours a day with her just one to one and feel that at her age its enough. She is 15 weeks.

xxx

NumberFour Fri 31-Oct-08 15:22:31

Thanks! I know that I have to sort out the house because it will not do itself! And that some TV is not necessarily the evil of all evils. I got quite a bit done, and now he has a friend over.

If he was not happy about it, then he managed to get his revenge by throwing a whopper of a tantrum in a grocery store this afternoon because I put a big bag of chocolates in the basket in case we had trick or treat knocking on the door. hmm He did not want me to put a big bag in.

Thanks again!

crokky Fri 31-Oct-08 15:25:30

Forget it, it's fine. He needs to rest anyway.

NumberFour Fri 31-Oct-08 17:26:53

Yes, I know, Crokky! Just being a ridiculously precious mother (when I am usually absolutely NOT that way). Truth be told, I suppose I actually was relieved that he just flopped out on the couch for a bit because I could do a few things. Usually childminding 12 hours a day 5 days a week so not as if he is short of stimulation or things to do. My lounge looks like a toy store.

He is now play fighting with DH. smile Clearly he feels lots better.

Penthesileia Fri 31-Oct-08 17:29:11

Ha - at least yours is watching children's tv. My DD watched 'Murder, She Wrote' with me yesterday. Ahhh, the peerless Angela Lansbury.

[lazy lazy lazy]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now