Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

does anyone remember that park etiquette thread a few months back??

(7 Posts)
nappyaddict Thu 30-Oct-08 22:17:03

I remember everyone saying it was ok to let your child climb up the slide as long as no one else was waiting to come down. Fair enough. But what if when your child starts to climb up there is no one waiting but as they are climbing up a couple of kids climb up the steps and are waiting at the top to come down as your child is climbing up? Would you continue to let your child climb up or tell them to get off?

Also do you let your children stand in the swings?

Plonker Thu 30-Oct-08 22:26:03

Gosh, is there a park rule book now?

Ok, i would probably ask them to slide back down if someone was waiting at the top.

No, they don't stand in swings but i wouldn't have a problem with it if they wanted to ...do people have a problem with this?

fangdom Thu 30-Oct-08 22:38:04

Blimey I never read the park rule book .. is it new? my youngest is 16 now ..would imagine he would sit on top of slide drinking cider nowgrin

elkiedee Thu 30-Oct-08 22:47:47

I would try to get ds to slide down or come off the slide.

I don't like it when much older kids use the baby swings, standing or sitting - I'm not talking about very large for age toddlers, but children who are clearly quite able to use the big kids' swings on their own. One of our two baby swings was trashed and left for a week or so before it was fixed, in the summer.

S1ur Thu 30-Oct-08 22:52:09

get them to slide back down, others have priority.

I wouldn't let my child stand in the swing because they'd fall on their arse! grin

callmeovercautious Thu 30-Oct-08 22:55:04

DO you know what? I think most DC decide for themselves if they are in the way.

DD is 2 and today at the park there were 3 teenagers (14 maybe) sitting on the wooden ledge that leads to the slide, no smoking or drinking, just looking for a space to chat out of the wind. I decided to let DD go up the ramp anyway just to see what they did. They all smiled at her and offered to help her - she said " me do it" and she whizzed down grin

As for the climbing up - IME DC tend to give way if they are going up. We occasionally get the odd one who is so engrossed in the effort of the climb that they don't notice DD waiting but tbh I don't care. They are outside playing and having fun smile

nappyaddict Thu 30-Oct-08 23:51:55

yes apparently some people do get really worked up over park etiquette!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now