Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

why does my 7 yo do this I would expect it from a younger child

(5 Posts)
espares Thu 30-Oct-08 19:56:13

My ds who is 7 8 this December has these moments were he will be lying down or whatever perhaps looking a little bored and will stretch his arms out and call mom wanting me to come and give him a hug.
I have no problem going and giving him a hug but then he doesn,t want to let me go and will try and keep hold of me not letting me go making funny moaning sounds if I say I need to go and do something now.
I have no prpblem giving my ds a hug but sometimes he becomes overbearing with this and gets annoyed when I eventually pull myslef away from him.
He is not deprived of love etc but when he gets these moods on him I can,t help but feel that its a little immature for his age not the fact he wants a hug but the way in which he won,t let me go and gets upset when I eventually have to drag myself away from his grip.
Is this normal for a 7 yo or would you think its a little immature.

forevercleaningwithmybesoms Thu 30-Oct-08 19:59:15

normal. completely. my 12 year old ds cals me for a big hug about 4 times a day! dd who is 14 does prob once a day in between bouts on msn!

espares Thu 30-Oct-08 20:00:53

Oh maybe it is then its the way in which he will not let me go that I find difficult and he gets really upset and annoyed when I eventually let go.

forevercleaningwithmybesoms Thu 30-Oct-08 20:05:32

that is normal too IMO they hcan hang on round your neck until it gets quite painful! But i really dont think it is anything to worry about. Its nice to have hugs . we are very lucky!

cory Fri 31-Oct-08 08:31:04

absolutely normal ime. And my 8yo is more sensitive now about anything he perceives as rejection than he was when he was 4. 7/8 quite a sensitive age really.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now