Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

dilema - do i let her go?

(7 Posts)
KathH Thu 10-Mar-05 10:31:02

Any advice gratefully received! dd1 will be 12 1/2 in the summer and nextdoor neighbours have invited her on holiday abroad with them. Her best mate is neighbours daughter and i dont think they can be apart for a second. we usually go abroad but due to having baby recently are only having short break in the uk this year so i think it would be great for her to go. they stay in a friends apartment complex so will only have to pay for spendo and flight. half of me thinks it will be great for her to go and she'll probably be going abroad on her own with her mates in not so many years and i wont be able to stop her. half of me is not sure. dh says its up to me - not very helpful. she's been on holiday with the school before where the adult to child ratio is a lot higher (or do i mean lower? where there's about 12 kids or whatever to an adult and in this case it will be dd, her mate, mates dad and his girlfriend who obviously she knows really welll and has been away for the weekend with. shes quite a sensible girl but i cant help thinking what if they get a bit lairy together and just wander off or something? Any advice/experiences gratefully received. thanks

mummytosteven Thu 10-Mar-05 10:32:52

I would say yes, unless you've got any reason not to trust how well the dad and girlfriend will keep an eye out for her.

FairyMum Thu 10-Mar-05 10:34:43

I'd say yes if you trust the parents. My DD went to France with her friend's family last summer when she was 6.

mummytosteven Thu 10-Mar-05 10:35:49

ah but at 6 they're rather less likely to be interested in boyfriends and alcohol than near teenagers :-)

KathH Thu 10-Mar-05 10:37:25

quite

Tipex Thu 10-Mar-05 17:22:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sacha3taylor Thu 10-Mar-05 17:29:12

I went on holiday with a friend (in this country) When I was 13, I don't think i even thought about boys when I was thayt young, Like Tipex says it depends on how mature your DD is. If you trust her then I'm sure she would be fine. How well do you get on with her parents?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: