Talk

Advanced search

Ok. Ds has less than One Week to get into his school trousers - HELP!!

(35 Posts)
Flightattendant4 Wed 29-Oct-08 07:10:22

it seems that the girth of my firstborn has somewhat expanded. He has always been quite a chunky boy but slimmed down nicely about a year ago...however he has suddenly got quite chubby round the middle again of late and he now can't get into his school kecks.

He's been HE'd for a term so we just got them out as he started school last week and is going back full time after half term.

How can I get him into them before next Monday? Short of making him jog 20 times round the garden every morning...

I have cut down biscuits/cake since last week and am trying to get him to eat more fruit, which he is doing. Will also try and ensure lots of running about every day.

I suppose it's obvious what we need to do, but if he can't wear them for a few weeks, does anyone knopw where you can get slightly larger waisted ones? He isn't tall so getting an age 8 for example would just require massive shortening!!

Thanks smile

Flightattendant4 Wed 29-Oct-08 07:11:10

(He is 5 1/2 btw)

LadyLaGore Wed 29-Oct-08 07:16:15

tell me the measurements and i can get you a few pairs of the right size waist for negligible and post them to you hopefully tomorrow (we have a glut at the second hand school shop i 'work' in and they are 50p each)
you'll still have to shorten maybe. wonderweb?
and that only works if you want grey too.

compo Wed 29-Oct-08 07:21:23

hi FA, how is he getting on at his new school?
there are some very cheap school trousers in woolies at the moment

Flightattendant4 Wed 29-Oct-08 07:23:31

WOW!! grin

Thankyou so much!

Compo, he liked it on the first day, but now is making protestations - however I have the photos to prove he has made friends already wink

Lagore - that would be fab! I'll just measure his waist. Let me know what you want for the postage too.

You';re so kind all of you!

LadyLaGore Wed 29-Oct-08 07:25:47

meh, dont worry about postage, just gimme the waist measurement (and leg too, wouldnt hurt to look for right length) and i'll go have a dig tomorrow if i can get in there. i should be able to.

LadyLaGore Wed 29-Oct-08 07:26:19

oh and cat me your address too (duh)

Flightattendant4 Wed 29-Oct-08 07:27:29

Sorry can't find tape measure blush

Will post back shortly...

Flightattendant4 Wed 29-Oct-08 07:28:22

Thankyou so much.

He is a bit of a short arse like his dad, lol smile

My mother feeds him cake constantly. <not my fault> grin

LadyLaGore Wed 29-Oct-08 07:32:04

lol

just make sure i post after you do, or i might have forgotten and wandered off to pick my bum or something...

Flightattendant4 Wed 29-Oct-08 07:33:05

Lagore - panic over. <phew> I have just put on a pair that have no button/fly, and I am amazed that they actually almost fit, so give it a few more days and he might be comfy enough in those. They are an M&S 22" waist with a lOT of elastic!

If you do come across any in that sort of girth I'd be most grateful - see how you go.

Thanks again!

LadyLaGore Wed 29-Oct-08 07:41:04

okey doke.
so do you want me to find 22inch waists or slightly bigger? what are you doing, starving him??

Flightattendant4 Wed 29-Oct-08 09:05:07

He's going to waste away grin

Like that advert with the Japanese sumo type bloke in the car with his girlfriend and his mother in the back, saying 'My poor little boy, he is getting so thin, you evil woman'

Flightattendant4 Wed 29-Oct-08 09:05:44

22 would be great, thanks!

LadyLaGore Wed 29-Oct-08 09:44:46

righto
have to go in to try and find ones long enough for my stick insect 5 1/2 yo anyway...

LadyLaGore Wed 29-Oct-08 09:48:23

have just measured the stick insect (im no tailor mind) and he appears to be 20.5 inches round the waist (or just below waist, is that right?? whatever) so 22inch doesnt sound hooge.

anyhoo, will have a butchers tomorrow and post back smile

RubyRioja Wed 29-Oct-08 09:48:23

ta da
www.next.co.uk/shopping/children/backtoschool/14/ Next sell school uniform for boys and girls who need a fuller fit.

I wish they did a skinny fit, but obv is too much to ask for uniform to actually fit all children who have their skinny/pudgy phases.

Flightattendant4 Wed 29-Oct-08 11:07:18

Wow, that's a gap in the market they've spotted isn't it? Thanks for link smile

Lagore - hope you find something for your little one!

If i actually measured round this one's 'waist' you would probably faint wink

he looks almost completely rotund at times.

themildmanneredaxemurderer Wed 29-Oct-08 11:09:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

bellavita Wed 29-Oct-08 11:12:41

BHS do a fuller fit also.

misdee Wed 29-Oct-08 11:14:53

was going to suggest next as well, dd1 trousers come from there.

Flightattendant4 Wed 29-Oct-08 12:04:05

Aw, glad we are not alone...he is a fit little boy, just well built - and at the moment very podgy. the 22" bit goes under the tummy iyswim...actual tummy very podge grin

RubyRioja Wed 29-Oct-08 12:47:28

i think it is cute they way they get tubby and then grow taller. Mine just grow up and look so thin you can count every rib, then pad out a tiny bit.
Tis obv not genetic grin

GoodGravytrain Wed 29-Oct-08 14:25:37

Lol!! smile
I'll let you know if I see any skinny fit trews though. My friend's son is the same, he has to have a belt and braces and so on, quite fun if you get pretty braces.

GoodGravytrain Wed 29-Oct-08 14:26:05

Sorry am fa, changed in honour of that wonderful oral sex thread. Ahem blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now