Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

anyone use milkmaid tea to increase breastmilk and did it work??

(4 Posts)
sunshine185 Tue 28-Oct-08 15:50:01

ds latched on okay but i struggled with supply... ds2 due in few weeks and want to be prepared and wondered if milkmaid tea actually worked!

if so how much did you take?

thanks

Tryharder Tue 28-Oct-08 21:35:55

Bumping for you as I'm interested in this as well as my b/milk supply borders on the crap side at times.

Anyone?

sunshine185 Fri 31-Oct-08 09:51:43

hi tryharder, i've ordered this anyway and going to give it a try.. baby not due for another 3 weeks, but i can (try!) keep you posted if you like?

GentleGarotter Fri 31-Oct-08 10:12:50

I drank this stuff which has a vile taste but did increase my milk imo. (Ignore the guinea pigs on the link)
I grew it for my goat and it increased her yield from 1/2 a pint daily to roughly 1 1/2 pints daily so I reckoned that it would work for me too.
It is one of the lesser known herbs and I would advise asking the advice of a fully trained medical herbalist.
The milkmaid tea seems really expensive for what it contains.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: