Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

at 2.5 + what is/was your ds fave toy???

(12 Posts)
sunshine185 Tue 28-Oct-08 07:44:22

especially ones with a learning factor and he can play with alone and ones he can play with others...

getting ideas for chrimbo!

thanksx

Weegle Tue 28-Oct-08 07:46:46

duplo - no shadow of a doubt the biggest hit. ever changing, lots of imagination and practising hand eye coordination

sunshine185 Tue 28-Oct-08 07:55:37

thanks weegle! just googled duplo so much choice, anything duplo in particular to start with?

http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Department.aspx?d=104&CMP=KAC-GOOGEU&HQS=duplo

liath Tue 28-Oct-08 07:58:26

A toy oven has been our biggest hit - got it for dd's xmas when she was 22 months. She's 3.5 now and ds is 20 months and they play with it every day. The wheelybug gets a lot of use too.

Majeika Tue 28-Oct-08 08:06:29

ds2 loves the dino duplo and he and ds1 play with it regularly.

playdough

craft stuff

diego, dora and peppa pig stuff are good too

sammybeth Tue 28-Oct-08 08:09:50

Fisher Price Little people is my ds favourite and you can keep adding to it. He plays with it for hours at a time, alone or with someone else.

UmSami Tue 28-Oct-08 08:25:40

Thomas the Tank Engine Wooden Railway (or other)
Bought set for DS at 2.4. was a bit hmm at price but he adores it...has played with it constantly, ignoring other toys bought since...ok he's only 2.7 now so not had it too long but NO other toy has ever had this impact...he's memorised the names of all trains and has learnt to build track himself...great for hand/eye coordination...has been added to loads by us and family in last 3 months...propper thomas stuff from ELC but also Tesco's and Woolies track
Will play happily alone (which as a rule he never really liked to do) but dad, uncles and grandpa love it too!
Can't recommend enough!

mrsgboring Tue 28-Oct-08 08:38:11

Wooden train track and Duplo/Lego were and are the best without a doubt. Though I have to say, that about that age, DS started on Lego proper and now far prefers that. (He is a little bit unusual among his friends in this, though by no means the only one. Lego, being smaller, takes up less space which is good.)

At just about to turn 3, grown up Lego is the clear winner by a long long way. He still plays with wooden train track and makes up Thomas stories with it. There is more value than I initially thought in having the Thomas and Friends character engines, as opposed to any old engines.

The other things he likes are Playdough, painting stuff of all kinds, Brio Builder System, toy toolkits, Doctor's kit, and a dolls house with Fisher Price people (baby is his fave).

I am a toy fanatic. Can you tell? grin

thehairybabysmum Tue 28-Oct-08 08:48:39

my ds loves his wooden train set, consistently plays with it.

Planning to get Duplo for 3rd birthday as i think he will love that too.

Weegle Tue 28-Oct-08 09:05:14

You can get a couple of starter tubs of duplo which have the basics. You can then add other sets etc to it. DS has two basic sets one with windows and one with wheel bases (for vehicles), then this xmas his godmother is adding another set and a larger baseplate. It is played with every day for at least 30-45 minutes, often more. Absolute favourite toy.

mrsgboring Tue 28-Oct-08 09:59:57

Oh yes, you probably need to have at least one big baseplate, especially for Duplo.

For 2.5 yo DS I'd get it off Ebay - he won't care about the box.

sunshine185 Tue 28-Oct-08 15:52:28

thanks ladies, duplo it is! it's the one thing he doesn't have!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now