Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

When it is your dc's birthday...

(5 Posts)
catrin Mon 27-Oct-08 09:58:53

do you get irrationally upset? or is it just me? Dd was 3 yesterday and while I am excited about the person she is becoming and how much she is learning and I so enjoy her, I can't help the awful "but my baby is gone" bit. Wept yesterday, while clock watching - 3 years ago now, I was in hospital waitign for you, 3 years ago in 7 minutes you were born, 3 years ago this second, you were born.
Am I a emotional wuss or does everyone do this?

MrsMattie Mon 27-Oct-08 10:01:12

Natural, I think smile

I am going to be very sad when my son turns 4 (pretty soon). Pathetic, I know, and like you, I love watching him grow up - he is becoming a terrific little lad. It's just that time flies so quickly and one day pretty soon he won't want to sit on my knee and have a cuddle in public sad, or say those adorably cute, innocent little things he says.

twinsetandpearls Mon 27-Oct-08 10:03:47

I get hormonal and proud in a weepy way. I am soft like that though, cry to the news etc..

catrin Mon 27-Oct-08 10:10:02

I am naturally a weepy person too, maybe I should harden up - she will not thank me for this in 10 years time! And God knows, it is so much easier now she is older, so I should be cheering that she is more independent etc. Friend who has 4 says she feels most like this about her youngest, as hers are all close together in age, so she still had a baby when her older ones had birthdays IYSWIM.

FeelingLucky Mon 27-Oct-08 12:40:40

I'm a bit pathetic. Read this thread and started crying ... goes so quickly.
Must put my work head on to harden myself up smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now