Talk

Advanced search

Felt like such a prat.......

(4 Posts)
Gwenick Tue 08-Mar-05 13:18:30

DS2 (15 months) woke up at 1am last night and DH sorted him out - I was on the computer. He said he'd given him milk and medicine. At 1.45 he was still whinging so DH suggested I took him downstairs for a while, after steaming the room - and changing the sheets as he'd made himself sick with his coughing.

So I duly did that, tried several times to put him back down to no avail, tried the pushchair downstairs, held him, lay next to him, more milk, banana the works.....and eventually at 3.45 I'd had enough and just left him to scream in his cot. 10 minutes later DH asked if I'd given any Calpol or Neurofen - to which I replied no as DH had told me he'd given me medicine..............then DH explained he meant he'd given him COUGH medicine - but no calpol - as he hadn't been awake long or that upset. He got up and gave him neurofen - and 15 minutes later DS2 was asleep.

Felt like such a prat - and just wanted to cry - looking back I should have KNOWN that he wouldn't have given him any calpol - there was no apparent need at 1am - grrrrrr

coppertop Tue 08-Mar-05 13:22:33

FWIW I would've assumed he meant Calpol too. It's not your fault. You'd probably feel even worse if dh really had given Calpol and you gave even more. Hope ds is feeling better soon. xx

bubbly1973 Tue 08-Mar-05 16:44:58

gwenick i second what coppertop has said, you would have felt far worse if you gave him a double dose!!

how is he feeling now? i would say early night for you tonight as you will be shattered but bet i will see a post somewhere off you in mumsnet world

purpleturtle Tue 08-Mar-05 16:49:05

It never occurs to me to give calpol, until I've been up for about 4 hours. Of course, it works like magic when I eventually remember it, but there's something of a stoic in me that thinks they can cope without or something . I alwasy feel a prat when they go straight off having had some.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now