Talk

Advanced search

chidren always fighting

(13 Posts)
floppsy Tue 08-Mar-05 13:02:16

could anyone give me advice on how to stop my daughters age 2.5 & 6 to stop fighting with each other.From the moment they see each other they fight & bicker over everything & nothing i say or do seems to help the situation.

SPARKLER1 Tue 08-Mar-05 13:03:44

Floppsy - my dds are 3 and 5 and they are exactly the same. Most of the time I leave them to sort it out themselves. I always listen in though and intervene if things start to get out of hand. Great fun hey?

pleaserewind Tue 08-Mar-05 13:05:58

Sorry not much advice i'm afraid. My sons are like this and i know how wearing it can be. they are 9 and 6 now but have been like this since they were 2 and 5!

I did once read a book called siblings without rivalry, some of it was a bit iffy but some points were really worth thinking about and trying. I did notice an improvement in mine, think i ought to read it again! I'm not very good at sticking with things!

floppsy Tue 08-Mar-05 13:13:39

im so glad im not the only mum who is going through this! evey mum i speak to at the school doesn't have this problem,its worse if we go out for the day i feel im always shouting, the thing is if they go out with anyone else this doesn't happen sometimes i think is it me!

amynnixmum Tue 08-Mar-05 13:17:13

floppsy,
My ds is 4 1/2 and dd is 6 and they fight all the time. Drives my absolutuely mad. Sometimes its just bickering but other times they knock ten bells out of each other. Mostly I try to ignore it and let them sort it out between them but its not easy. I find it hard to believe that the mum's at school are being honest with you. Most of the mum's I know can completely relate to this.

floppsy Tue 08-Mar-05 13:22:16

I was hoping someone was going to say they,ll grow out of it,but it don't look like they will for a while yet!has anyone tried a naughty step with any sucsess

pleaserewind Tue 08-Mar-05 13:36:46

yes, i send mine to sit on the naughty stair. I find it works if you take absoloutlety no messing and do it consistently but i find myself threatening them with the naughty stair far more than they ever sit on it.

roisin Tue 08-Mar-05 13:42:28

My boys are 5 and 7. They go through phases of constant bickering and arguing alternating with co-operating and playing nicely with each other. Atm they are in a 'nice' phase, which is great. It's lovely to see them discussing books with each other and working together.

BUT when they are in this sort of mood they do tend to conspire with one another, usually plotting things against me & dh, and egging each other on to mischief which neither of them would perpetrate individually!
So I do tend to be suspicious when they are not bickering

floppsy Tue 08-Mar-05 13:53:10

pleaserewind-i am exactly the same i always say next time you will go on the naughty step instead of putting them there that time.I find dd2 will stay there but dd1 won't she always promises she'll be good,but it lasts all of five mins & roisin i know what you mean about plotting things together,the only time they are nice to each other is when they are eating & then dd1 is telling dd2 to do things she not supposed too.

WestCountryLass Tue 08-Mar-05 14:37:51

I have heard that the rivalry between same sex siblings is stronger than opposite sex ones and it is worst when the youngest is 3 or threabouts so it sounds as if youa re in the thick of it and due a break soon!

sobernow Tue 08-Mar-05 14:47:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

pleaserewind Tue 08-Mar-05 15:03:09

it's getting close to 3:30, that means the end of my peace and quiet! They will have fallen out and one will be crying before we have even reached home, i can guarantee it!
aaaaaaaaaaaaargh

floppsy Tue 08-Mar-05 15:19:35

pleaserewind,know how you feel i dread 3.00 every day cause the moment im in the door they start arguing

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now