Talk

Advanced search

pedal free learner bikes?

(10 Posts)
sunshine185 Wed 22-Oct-08 16:07:38

hi, thinking of getting one for ds, he'll be 2.5 yrs at christmas, doing some research and found the puky http://www.jacksons-camping.co.uk/kidstuff/puky/learner-bikes.htm

i have seen a wooden one around too in the park but can't remember name?

any suggestions, experiences of best one to get? ds is just bike mad right now!!

thanks

PortAndDemon Wed 22-Oct-08 16:10:04

DS has a Puky and it's done very well or us. I have since heard good things about the Islabike Rothan, too.

curlywurlycremeegg Wed 22-Oct-08 16:10:10

I am going for a like a bike jumper for my two on recommendation. They are very lightweight yet robust and have a good re sale value. I have heard Isla Bikes raved about also.

pitchforksinmywaistband Wed 22-Oct-08 16:11:50

i got this one fromtesco direct

pitchforksinmywaistband Wed 22-Oct-08 16:13:18

They also have awooden one

CantSleepWontSleep Wed 22-Oct-08 16:23:28

Islabikes - they do very very well in the product review section of mn iirc.

beansmum Wed 22-Oct-08 16:25:59

ds has a like a bike jumper. It's brilliant. ds likes it because it looks like a proper bike. He still uses it now (4.5) but I don't think he would be happy on a wooden bike when loads of his friends are already on bikes with pedals.

UniS Wed 22-Oct-08 20:35:58

Isla bike rothan is lovely- looks like a proper bike not a toy. gets lots of admiring comments from teenagers and adults.
ALSO- it has one of the lowest saddle heights around, minimum inseam needed is only 28cm. yet it goes up a nice long way and there is some height to be gained in the handle bars too.
Puky and kettler also good names, specialized hot walk is spendy but looks great.
Personally- I'd rather buy from a bike shop or Isla bikes ( who just do childrens bikes) than tescos.

hotbot Wed 22-Oct-08 21:27:22

dd 2 loves her likeabike - the metal one and knows that she has to weara her helmet, she looks very cut

sunshine185 Thu 23-Oct-08 18:03:48

thanks very helpful! it's now between the islabike and likeabike!

totally agree about the wooden ones!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now