Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

can you give me some advice for friend please?

(10 Posts)
pleaserewind Tue 08-Mar-05 12:46:02

My friends ds is 4 and started school in september. He has always been a quiet and very sensitive child and my friend has always handled him very softly (iykwim)
He used to be terrified of a lot of things, like dryers in public toilets and lots of other stuff would greatly upset him to the point where he would make himself sick.
Since he started school he has been making himself sick alot, like one day he got mildly told off so that constituted a week of him keep being sick every morning on the way to school. Another time it was because he was worried about p.e and he has been doing it at dinner times aswell because he doesn't like all the noise in the hall and is a very picky eater (so stresses about that)
My friend has tried allsorts, she has been taking him home for dinner to try and help with that. she has tried to be very matter of fact about it and also got cross with him and told him she wasn't having it.
does anyone have any advice i can pass on? as she is so worried about him and also concerned that he isn't getting much in the way of food.

thanx

desperatehousewife Tue 08-Mar-05 13:04:52

i have no idea what to suggest other than speaking to a health visitor...?? what a terrible situation. Hope someone can give you some good advice on here.

Lucycat Tue 08-Mar-05 13:06:43

Sorry I can't be much help, but thought I'd bump this for you. it sounds a horriblr situation and your friend must be so worried. What do the teachers say about him when he's in school? is there a school nurse that he could speak to?

pleaserewind Tue 08-Mar-05 13:12:50

His teacher is not one of the gentle sympathetic types, she's very matter of fact. My friend has been speaking with the teacher and the head teacher (who suggested taking him home for dinner) quite alot but last friday when she went in to speak with teacher she told her he had been sick 3 times on the wednesday because he didn't want to get changed for p.e.
I told my friend i would have been livid if i hadn't been informed the same day!

LittleRedRidingHood Tue 08-Mar-05 14:02:03

Another mnetter posted about something very similar only a couple of days ago - cant remember her name though - her son made a huge fuss about getting weighed........ will try to find it

beachyhead Tue 08-Mar-05 14:04:18

it was on a thread about hypersensitivity

LittleRedRidingHood Tue 08-Mar-05 14:04:19

found it!

HTH

Twiglett Tue 08-Mar-05 14:13:51

does sound like he's having sensory issues, I eblieve some children can react super-sensitively to sounds and smells and sights, I think there's some testing that can be done

HTH

Twiglett Tue 08-Mar-05 14:14:15

oops sorry didn't see the post on hypersensitivy - that's what I meant

hth

floppsy Tue 08-Mar-05 14:14:51

pleaserewind-couldn't they let him do p.e in the clothes he has on,my cousins ds was exactly the same at his age,the school let him do it in the clothes he had on,within a few months he was alot better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now