Talk

Advanced search

How do I help my friend....

(5 Posts)
mummatoone Mon 20-Oct-08 22:37:35

She has a DD under 3 and had just fallen pgn again....accidental.

She is gutted to put it bluntly. Her hubby wants to shout from the roof tops he's so happy but she is just so scared, worried, frightened for the future, worried about money/job and also feels she will not be able to love another child like her daughter. She feels she cant go through with it, but is scared she will regret it for the rest of her life if she doesnt etc...

Im sure these are quite normal feelings ... I only have the one and my family is complete...so cant confirm this.

She has only told me and feels she cant talk to her family as they are too close and wouldnt understand.

I am not judgemental at all and am trying to be a shoulder for her but am running out of advice.

Are her feelings quite normal?

LadyOfRoffle Mon 20-Oct-08 22:42:11

Normal IME. DS was planned and there was still times I paniced. Morning sickness & hormones don'thelp.

Tortington Mon 20-Oct-08 22:44:34

normal i would imagine

if she really doesn't want another one, maybe she should look into better contraception - it always baffles me immensley that so many people get pregnant 'accientally' when they really dont want one.

i so didn't want another one after my first that i bloody made sure i didn't - sure accidents happen but sheesh - anyway not a helpful rant i grant you.

hope your friend is ok with whatever she decided

mummatoone Mon 20-Oct-08 22:45:00

yes she is feeling very sick and ill at the moment, plus not eating isnt helping Im sure. I feel so useless, she really is so totally gutted....Im still in shock why she is reacting this way as she has alot of family and in-laws help around her, fantastic husband, but she just feels as though she cant go through with it

mummatoone Mon 20-Oct-08 22:47:26

HMC - I agree, make sure it doesnt happen. Took her ages to conceive with the first so I think she just thought it wouldnt happen ... also the sense of risk, excitement etc... but now getting caught out has really thrown her!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now