Talk

Advanced search

Do you manage to get downstairs in a morning before being wiped with snot or dribble?

(5 Posts)
cupcake78 Mon 20-Oct-08 13:42:16

Cos I don't and I would love to.

Everyday I have ds wipe snot or dribble on me before I have even got out of my pj's, then on my towel after my shower and then on anything he can from underwear, to bedsheets, to carpets but mostly me.

Its fair to say that today I'm feeling a bit fed up with it. He's everywhere I go. He even watches me on he toilet and (tmi) has tried to help from time to time blush.

How long before this eases up. He's 13mths and seriously its getting worse. If i'm sat down he's pulling himself onto me and if i'm stood up he's hanging off me sad.

Who am I again?

norksinmywaistband Mon 20-Oct-08 13:45:04

Yes Dp takes DC downstairs for breakfast while I shower and dress.
I arrive downstairs looking like I did preDC however 5 mins later the illusion is destroyed.

My goal is to leave the house in same state I come downstairs ingrin

cupcake78 Mon 20-Oct-08 13:48:21

OH having a shower a peace...how lovely.

DH goes to work at 6. I just have the shower curtain pulled open, the bottles pinched and chucked down the stairs/toilet (which ever takes his fancy) and then I have to move him so I can step out of the shower. My day continues untill nap time (which is now)...

God do I LOVE nap times.

Niecie Mon 20-Oct-08 13:50:20

Oh dear. It does get better but it is gradual and you won't notice until one day you think to yourself, there is nobody watching when you are on the toilet (in fact they positively cringe at the very idea that they would ever do something like that)

When your DS gets more confident on his feet he will not be pulling up on you for a start.

Mind you my DS2 is just 5 and still gets snot on me occasionally - he still hasn't mastered nose blowing. I am quicker to sidestep when I see him coming though.wink

needmorecoffee Mon 20-Oct-08 13:54:05

nope. dd is 4 and dribbles constantly. I always have a patch about my person somewhere. And yetsreday she started a cold with giant green slugs coming out of her nose and its everywhere, espceially when she sneezes. Only plus to her being totally quadraplegic is she can't wipe it across her face. ick.
There could be a line in patterny clothes that hide dribble grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now