Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

How much, if any, tv does your toddler watch?

(15 Posts)
Gateau Mon 20-Oct-08 12:13:40

My DS is 18 months old. He "watches" - well, kind of watches, about 30-45 minutes(and no more than an hour) in the morning and in the evening.
What about yours?

Gateau Mon 20-Oct-08 12:51:33

BUMP

no1putsbabyinthecorner Mon 20-Oct-08 12:58:58

I was So set in stone that my 20 month dd would not watch much tv.
I am afraid to see She watches it more than I would like since ds 7 weeks came along.
My dh bought her an In the night garden dvd and she loves it.
I am selective about what she watches on tv though, mainly sky baby tv. Dont have tv on for sake,like in background, and never anything we watch.

no1putsbabyinthecorner Mon 20-Oct-08 13:00:36

my dsis 4 yr old ds loves casualty shock
As do her 13yr dd and 10ye old ds.
They see saturday night as treat night sometimes. snacks and dips/chocolate and quilts on floor to sit and watch casualty.

MrsMattie Mon 20-Oct-08 13:02:43

Oh, loads at the moment as I'm heavily pregnant with SPD, so am not up to endless trips to the park etc.

mummypingu Mon 20-Oct-08 13:08:45

20 mth old watches peppa pig and thomas on milkshake in morning with big brother before we all walk to school. tv may be on at some point in afternoon for older child after school to unwind a bit. each day is different though but he loves our planet from cbeebies so he can watch that anytime on bbci player on tv....he loves cuddling on the sofa and shrieking at the bugs when they come on!

no1putsbabyinthecorner Mon 20-Oct-08 13:09:38

MrsMattie how awful sad for you.
I think whatever makes life easier.
My mum was laughing and shaking her head at me other week when she saw a photo of ds only few weeks old with a dummy at the side of him.
Then she saw dd with a packet of crisps and heard her say 'pop'
Then went on to say 'see I told you your standards would drop when new baby came along'

PuppyMonkey Mon 20-Oct-08 13:11:14

Loads at the weekend blush but not too much in the week... just the bedtime hour.

ohdearwhatamess Mon 20-Oct-08 13:11:50

Half and hour to an hour in the morning, post dog walk, to give me chance to have a cup of coffee, do laundry, and get us all ready to go out.

Probably an hour in the late afternoon too.

Mix of cbeebies, Top Gear repeats on Dave, and DVDs.

He'd watch all day if I'd let him and has huuuuuuge tantrums about TV.

mumof2222222222222222boys Mon 20-Oct-08 13:26:47

Not too much. Maybe an hour or so at weekends. Tbh he turns it off! Which is in one sense a good thing - but not when I'm trying to do something! DS1 is 4. DS2 isn't really interested. Oh - but they both ove Strictly Come Dancing!!

kiwibella Mon 20-Oct-08 13:33:07

my dd (19mo) loves SCD too... she dances around the room grin.

MiaMamma Mon 20-Oct-08 15:20:38

DD is 2.5 and watches quite a lot, never tv only dvd's - peppa pig, tweenies, jungle book. So maybe hour in the morning and hour in the afternoon. And simpsons at 6pmgrin. If the weather is nice we're out all day or weekends we're in parks, museums, stuff like that - so there are days when she doesn't watch any.

UmMwahahahaaaaa Mon 20-Oct-08 15:33:54

loads (she is 2.5).
she loves films - getting into disney - and charlie and lola if on iplayer (no telly).

Maveta Mon 20-Oct-08 15:37:46

about 10mins (maybe) in the morning and poss the same again in the afternoon but that would be a huge exaggeration - most days he doesn't watch any.

I know we'll regret it but we do kind of wish he'd watch something!! even just to give us 15-30mins in the morning while rushing around or when getting tea ready.

He's another one that turns it off.. hmm

elkiedee Mon 20-Oct-08 15:40:55

Probably far too much at 17 months - mainly Cbeebies - but on the other hand he often watches in fairly short bursts and then wants to get out a toy or his new colouring pens. And he's always up for going out. He also watches at childminder's but again I'm sure it's in bursts and then they do other things.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: