Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend a decongestant that might work for my 6mo DS please?

(7 Posts)
silver28 Mon 20-Oct-08 07:43:20

Please could someone recommend a decongestant that actually works for my 6mo DS?

He's had a cold for the past couple of days (one of many) but he seems particularly chesty this time - nose is v snotty, v chesty cough and his chest sounds and feels rattley when he breathes.

Am going to Boots later so will see what they say, but wondered if anyone could recommend anything.

I've also posted this in the health forum, but not sure how popular that is and was hoping for a fairly prompt response if poss.

Thanks.

blueskyandsunshine Mon 20-Oct-08 07:44:33

try the NUK bulb sucky thing for the nose?

Northumberlandlass Mon 20-Oct-08 07:51:58

I swear by Medised - but I can't remember who old they have to be to take it !

x

silver28 Mon 20-Oct-08 07:56:23

Thanks Northumberlandlass. I'll ask about Medised in Boots and see if he's old enough.

And thanks bluesky - i've ordered one of those bulbs off the internet, though might end u buying one in town if get desperate! Although the main problem seems to be the mucus on his chest, poor thing.

liath Mon 20-Oct-08 07:58:43

Carvol can help. Raise the end of the cot a little. Bowl of warm water on the radiator to humidify the room. Too young for medised I'm afraid.

silver28 Mon 20-Oct-08 08:02:40

Right thanks, Carvol not Medised. Am already tilting the cot and he sleeps ok like that until about 4am. will try the bowl of water or maybe get a humidifier as am sure this won't be the only time he gets congested!

Tommy Mon 20-Oct-08 08:10:59

when DS3 was like this, I put him to sleep in his little chair, rather than his cot, so he was more upright. I certainly helped for a couple of nights.

Also, we've found the Karvol plug-in very good.

Boots won't sell Medised for him anymore I'm afraid (although that is very good too!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now