Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can any one help with my 2 year olds b'day party

(10 Posts)
LEMONADEGIRL Fri 17-Oct-08 13:53:29

Hi,

Just wanted to see what anyone else did for a 2 year olds birthday party.

Having family and some friends over on sunday. All the children are 1-3 so obviously very limited.

Do you just get the toys out and leave them to it or are there things to do that I have not heard of.

Of course could just be a pfb mum and making excess work for myself grin

bluemousemummy Fri 17-Oct-08 14:00:07

Have you got a garden? If it's a nice enough day you could get some messy stuff out for them to do out there (sand etc) and then leave them to it.

LEMONADEGIRL Fri 17-Oct-08 14:12:11

thanks bluemousemummy smile have been hoping for some good weather so can open door and let them in and out.

MiaMamma Fri 17-Oct-08 14:32:55

I had my DD's 2y party at home, had 5 toddlers and mums and few babies too. I just let children play in DD's room with her toys, only thing was I put some bigger ones away before the party because the lack of space. And also managed to hide few 'messy' toys- like puzzles, crayons. They were just happy to run around, didn't think they needed any entertainment. Guests stayed for about two hours.

isaidboo Fri 17-Oct-08 14:37:57

Just let them play and serve them party snacks and juice. No need for games etc but you could put a music cd on in the background. balloons are fun too.

AnnieOneSeenMyPumpkin Fri 17-Oct-08 14:40:35

I was at one last weekend, they had a bouncy castle, if you have a big garden, it was about £65 for the day, went down a storm! We stayed all evening though, 2.30 til 7.30 ish. Might be a bit much...

For both my own, just let them run round the house with all the toys. Two is too young for organised games and stuff.

Have fun!

WhateverHappenedtoBabyJaamy Fri 17-Oct-08 14:47:36

Depends whether you want the parents to get involved too.

Balloons are good but make sure they are good ones and not going to burst as soon as they are squeezed a bit. You can get face stickers to decorate them then each child has something to take home that they have made.

Action songs, Happy and you know it, Wheels on the bus, etc.

How long is the party for? You could get them to do a hunting game. ie hide small gifts in really obvious places and send them off to hunt until each child has something.

We did cake decorating at my DD2s 2nd bday. Shop bought fairy cakes, bowl of icing and sweets (not 100s and 1000s - they go everywhere) to stick on the top. Children LOVED it.

ANTagony Fri 17-Oct-08 14:51:28

I did balloons stuffed with sweets. The kids have to pop them to get the sweet out. Depends how sensitive the children are. Mine are lively boys (2 and 5).

Pin the tail on the donkey or stick the nose on the witch is a good one with parents help. They kind of get it at 2, You could be more creative and do a stick the funnel on the Thomas, or what ever the favorite image is by downloading and printing.

Pass the parcel also works if the parents sit down with their child and you alternate wrapping paper/ newspaper and include a sweet for each layer.

Lots of cakes and crisps, I like fruit shoots or own brand similar for minimising spills, jelly set in plastic cups.

Drawing outline printouts of the cbeebies website are good and can be left around with a few crayons.

Also party bags are great for getting tired children to leave happily when you feel the need to have your house back. They don't need to contain loads but provide the parent with sufficient distraction to get them out the door happy!

LEMONADEGIRL Fri 17-Oct-08 19:04:55

oooh lovely ideas ladies - thanks smile

I have specified times between 2-4pm, would have loved a bouncy castle but grass area would take it all up.

Went out and bought lots of balloons as ds loves them and strange child that he is loves popping them shock

Messy play is the way forward I think

thanks all

Thankyouandgoodnight Fri 17-Oct-08 20:23:04

Might 3-5pm be a better time so that those that nap over lunch time still can? Otherwise you may end up with grouchy kids and parents!

Just a thought grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now