Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How to make DD (2) more confident and less shy?

(3 Posts)

My DD has taken to hiding herself in my legs whenever we meet someone. Even started doing it when her Godmother came to visit last week, and she loves her. I'm a very shy person myself so that prob doesn't help.
DD is about to go up to the next class in Tumble Tots and I don't know wether to send her to the larger noisier class where her friend is or the smaller quiter one where she might fit in better.

Any tips please! My HV has suggested I need to either join a Toddler group (but recognised how horrific they are wink) or to invite more children round to play.

cory Fri 17-Oct-08 12:17:31

I would just let it take time. Don't push her. Though toddler groups don't have to be horrific. Try to find a small one, where you can have a nice coffee and chat.

ranting Fri 17-Oct-08 12:25:14

I think you just have to accept that it may be part of her personality, my dd was incredibly shy and clingy at that age and I just used to do my best to reassure her, she's much better now (nearly 6) but, she's never going to win any awards for most outgoing child but, she is quite confident now. Which is a good thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now