Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Neighbour keeping Dog in back of van all night, dog barking - what would you do?

(20 Posts)
mumma2cjh Thu 16-Oct-08 21:18:34

Just as Ive said our neighbour's daughter's boyfriend appears to be putting his dog in his work van each night (in a cage) and it barks for at leas one hour.

It's very distressing to hear it and Im sure its cruel plus the barking wakes us up

What do you think I should do

mabanana Thu 16-Oct-08 21:21:15

Call the RSPCA.

BloodAndMutts Thu 16-Oct-08 21:21:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

pudding25 Thu 16-Oct-08 21:21:29

Call RSPCA and ask them for advice.

pinkmagic1 Thu 16-Oct-08 21:22:47

If they are aproachable have a word, if not call the RSPCA. They wont know who did it as it can't be just you thats noticed if it keeps barking all the time.

Freckle Thu 16-Oct-08 21:23:20

Call the RSPCA and report it - and then wonder why you thought Parenting was the best place to post this little conundrum wink.

mumma2cjh Thu 16-Oct-08 21:23:22

yes I think I will do in the morning...I dont really know the neighbours but I think it needs reporting.

BloodAndMutts Thu 16-Oct-08 21:23:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mumma2cjh Thu 16-Oct-08 21:24:20

You get the quickest response to everything on this section!!!!

mumma2cjh Thu 16-Oct-08 21:25:08

thats a strange number?

BloodAndMutts Thu 16-Oct-08 21:25:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mumma2cjh Thu 16-Oct-08 21:26:01

ok will do as its barking away now

BloodAndMutts Thu 16-Oct-08 21:26:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Lauriefairycake Thu 16-Oct-08 21:26:35

I would call the local police station for advice (not 999 obviously) as the RSPCA in our area are so busy they can't respond for 3 days

BloodAndMutts Thu 16-Oct-08 21:27:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BloodAndMutts Thu 16-Oct-08 21:28:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LittleBella Thu 16-Oct-08 21:30:09


wouldn't give it a second thought, just call them

LilRedWG Thu 16-Oct-08 21:31:09

RSPCA now.

GypsyMoth Fri 17-Oct-08 12:54:55

got a similiar problem.....local council,dog warden is best place to start. i have similiar problem. also,very effective,is environmental health. i reported to rspca too,but not much of a cruelty issue by the sounds of it. they would need to look at health of dog in general. tho they can advice etc..........definitely env health and dog warden.....mine have been good.

more Fri 17-Oct-08 13:01:44

Did you call them? What happened?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: