Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

contented baby and cluster feeding

(7 Posts)
katherine2008 Thu 16-Oct-08 19:35:47

can anyone help with advice or experience with cluster feeding? six week old dd is feeding roughly every 3 hours and i see in CB that she recommends afternoon feeds at 4, then a 6pm cluster and 8pm cluster before a 10 or 11pm. she is taking 4 fl oz of easy digest formula normally ~(7 feeds a day) - a kind poster has suggested that cluster feeding applies to breast not bottle - so do i do the feeds at the same time on the bottle or just a 7pm and if so do I do two lots of 2 fl oz? any previous experience/knowledge appreciated!!! thank you! xxx

katherine2008 Thu 16-Oct-08 19:51:09

sorry i meant baby whisperer....

missingtheaction Thu 16-Oct-08 20:02:16

thank god my kids are 15+ - it all seems to have a got a lot more complicated since my day - they looked hungry, out came my generous bosom, bob's your uncle...

Ebb Thu 16-Oct-08 20:05:43

Hi Katherine. I posted on your other thread. I think cluster feeding is merely the term used to describe a baby, typically bf, who feeds on and off for a length of time. I describe my Ds as cluster feeding as he feeds on and off almost constantly between 7&9pm.

If you want to follow the above pattern I would offer 4oz at 4, 6 and 8pm and judge accordingly as to whether she wants that amount. Then adjust the amounts as nessecary.

Don't know if you already have but try posting on the breast and bottle feeding board as lots of far more experienced people on there than me!

MissisBoot Thu 16-Oct-08 20:05:53

Cluster feeding is breastfeeding only - I think friends used to do a feed about 7 then another about 10/11pm with 4ozs at each feed.

flourybaps Thu 16-Oct-08 20:12:49

I too liked the baby whisperer and used it loosley, felt it gave me some good tips. not sure I can help, with the whole cluster feed thing as didnt really bother with that found it too complicated my dd just seemed to feed about every 2 to 3 hours at that age.
When she went through a growth spurt I just fed her more often.

There is a website that is really useful just google baby whisperer and people will generaly give you tips on the minutiae of your routine with you if you so wish. Something seems to be wrong with their server at the mo but when they are up and running you may find it helpful.

katherine2008 Thu 16-Oct-08 21:06:24

thank you for all your help

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now