Talk

Advanced search

Tommy Tippee Closer to Nature

(13 Posts)
heron22 Wed 15-Oct-08 13:30:36

Hi
Has anyone used the Tommy Tippee Closer to Nature bottle and steriliser?
I am looking to buy one. The claim is that it is closer to the real thing!
I wonder if your baby liked it? and also, does the steriliser work well?

Thanks!

GiraffeAHolic Wed 15-Oct-08 13:44:14

I had the closer to nature bottles, steam steriliser and breast pump.
DD took EBM from the bottles easily from 11 days old the teats are a good shape and size, but as sh got older DD preferred more 'normal' teats.
Steriliser good, quick, holds 6 bottles easily.

HTH

EEC Wed 15-Oct-08 13:51:03

I tried the bottles and ds spluttered and couldn't get on with them at all - I found trusty old avent much better, but I think each baby is different.

chequersandchess Wed 15-Oct-08 13:52:49

I've got this and the microwave steriliser. DD had no problem switching between the two, but seems to be ok with all bottles so probably just a fluke.

One thing though, the bottles do contain BPA - I doubt this is a problem for occsaional use for EBM feeds which is what we intended to use them for. We ended up mix feeding though so have switched to Mam bottles which are BPA free and also supposed to be breast like.

katiechops Wed 15-Oct-08 13:53:32

DD was mainly BF, but she took EBM from the closer to nature bottles well from about 4 weeks onwards.

heron22 Wed 15-Oct-08 15:14:53

thank you all for your comments.

hmmm, i did not know the bottles contain BPA!

but i guess they all do??

Marne Wed 15-Oct-08 15:19:37

we used them Dd2 got on with them very well, she also liked MAM bottles which i think does'nt contain BPA.

chequersandchess Wed 15-Oct-08 15:20:00

I think BPA is the stuff that makes plastic bottles clear, so only coloured/cloudy or glass bottles don't have it. My MAM bottles are pink.

BloodshotEyeballsintheScarySky Wed 15-Oct-08 15:21:09

I have the lot, bought in preparation to aid with BF but I never got that far. DD loves the bottles and (once in a blue moon) the dummies and she has trouble feeding from anything else. I tried her on Dr Brown's and she looked at it like 'wtf am I meant to do with that?'

Not very helpful to the OP though as I didn't BF.

heron22 Wed 15-Oct-08 15:37:19

hi cheuqer, which steriliser do u use? is there is a MAM steriliser?

so much to worry about! i read report issued by FDA last august on BPA. it basically says that the level of BPA in the bottles are safe.

BUT who knows??? should i worry about it?
i have found these bottles called Bornfree.

chequersandchess Wed 15-Oct-08 15:52:34

We still use the closer to nature microwave steriliser but only ever as a cold water steriliser. I think the issue with BPA is repeatedly heating the plastic. Not sure if there is BPA in the steriliser anyway as it is cloudy plastic I doubt it.

You have to make your own mind up about BPA, but for the sake of £15 on new bottles I decided to switch.

pudding25 Wed 15-Oct-08 20:52:08

We use both (now worried about BPA). They are both good though. Steriliser is really easy to use.

nct73 Fri 17-Oct-08 15:20:17

we found them good for mixed feeding. started a bedtime bottle about 6-8 weeks. no problems. no problem moving to normal bottles & teats later either. just had the bottles with standard microwave sterilizer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now