Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Stupid question, can you use 2 baby monitors at the same time?

(14 Posts)
mamakim Mon 13-Oct-08 21:34:14

Or do they interfere? Ds will be 21 months when baby is born so we will still use his monitor at night. Can i just buy another digital monitor (different make) and they'll both work?

TheArmadillo Mon 13-Oct-08 21:36:53

they will very probably interfere.

Can't you use the same for both? Even in seperate rooms leaving the doors ajar and putting monitor in the hallway means it should pick both up easily.

Or stick in with the newborn - your ds should yell loud enough to hear on that.

NorbertDentressangle Mon 13-Oct-08 21:37:08

We've used 2 in the same house before now (when friends with babies have been visiting for example) and its been fine -you just have to change the frequencies if they interfere with each other

PuppyMonkey Mon 13-Oct-08 21:38:30

Is your house really that massive you won't hear the baby without a monitor?

RhinestoneCowghoul Mon 13-Oct-08 21:38:35

Do you live in a v large house? We only used monitor with DS when he was newborn and had teeny tiny wail...

mamakim Mon 13-Oct-08 21:40:31

My ds is going to be in the attic room so 2 storeys away from us in the living room so i'd like to hear what he's upto!

2point4kids Mon 13-Oct-08 21:42:01

I have 2 on right at this moment!
Have used two since DS2 was born (yes, house is big plus they wake each other unless you get to them asap!)

I have 2 BT digital monitors. The parent bits si next to each other in the lounge and have never interfered with each other or had any problems at all smile

Jojay Mon 13-Oct-08 21:42:28

We've used two at a time when friends were staying too, and haven't had a problem.

Most give the choice of 2 or more channels so you can avoid interference

PuppyMonkey Mon 13-Oct-08 21:42:54

You'll hear without a monitor .

Anyway, sometimes it's better not to hear what a 21 month is up to..wink

TheArmadillo Mon 13-Oct-08 21:42:55

oh are they going to be on different floors then?

I'd get a monitor which allows you to change frequencies then. You may still get feedback on the parent monitors - might have to put them on opposite sides of the room you're in.

2point4kids Mon 13-Oct-08 21:46:30

S'funny all these replies saying 'you dont need a monitor, you'll hear fine' etc.
You def cant hear without a monitor in my house!

As long as yoyu get digital ones you wont ahve any feedback or interference at all ime

ilovemydog Mon 13-Oct-08 21:50:14

We have 2 monitors - one in DD's room and another where DS sleeps (another flight up).

believe me, with music and DP's guitar playing/rowdy friends hmm you cannot hear the kids.

PuppyMonkey Mon 13-Oct-08 22:01:33

Which is as it should be imho, ilovemydog grin

meandmyjoe Tue 14-Oct-08 08:03:22

I still use a video baby monitor with my 14 month old! I like to see what he gets up to when he's meant to be going to sleep! I have used 2 monitors in my house when my friend stayed with her dd. It worked fine but they were on different frequencies and different makes of monitor. It might just be a case of fiddling around with them til they both work without interference. They usually have 3 frequency settings so should be fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now