Talk

Advanced search

Cant believe Im sorting this but Hotel needed in Manchester for 21 October - Hubby going to watch football

(11 Posts)
mumma2cjh Mon 13-Oct-08 21:15:10

like Is aid cant believe Im sorting this but Hubby going to watch football and hasnt booked a hotel - any advice on where to stay near Old Trafford?

jojosmaman Mon 13-Oct-08 21:31:25

Hi mumma- Its only 10 mins from city centre, prob best to stay there as there, plenty of choice for different budgets too!

MrVibrating Tue 14-Oct-08 10:39:55

Match days the whole of Manchester gets booked up. There are still some vacancies on Laterooms, but the prices are not very friendly. If this is still available I would bite their arm off.

mumma2cjh Wed 15-Oct-08 13:59:18

All sorted - Staying in Hyde (9 miles from OT) with tram stop right outside. thanks for help

MerlinsBeard Wed 15-Oct-08 14:06:09

Hyde doesn't have a tram stop does it?

MerlinsBeard Wed 15-Oct-08 14:11:13

metrolink map here Don't want you to have been conned!!

mumma2cjh Wed 15-Oct-08 17:07:51

umm not sure now. Its just the Premier Inn at Hyde, but it says 7 miles from Man Utd so Im sure they could bus, or taxi it or if a good result...they will be walking...on air!!!!

cremolafoam Wed 15-Oct-08 17:11:05

all of manchester

jojosmaman Thu 16-Oct-08 13:13:52

Would prob be best to get bus into Manchester then tram to Old Trafford (Altrincham line).

Hyde is nearer to the greatest club in Manchester (or dare I say it, the richest grin)!!

mumma2cjh Thu 16-Oct-08 13:41:38

Didnt mention but Hubby's a scot so is supporting Celtic who Man Utd play that night!!!!

Im sure they will get there fine....Im still miffed that he's put all his energy into getting tickets, re-scheduling work and staying over night - cant be bad eh?!

jojosmaman Fri 17-Oct-08 20:35:50

Ah good!! I asked my DP about this and he replied "what are you helping a utd fan for?". He's very mature about football as you can see smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now