Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

anyone else find sah harder as their children get older?

(8 Posts)
cluelessmumofone Mon 13-Oct-08 09:56:48

dd is now 18 months and is getting harder and harder

Housemum Mon 13-Oct-08 14:49:59

In what way? Finding stuff to do? Or DD under your feet all the time? 18 months is a pretty tricky stage as they are wanting to be into everything, but not quite big enough for everything they want to do.

happylarry Mon 13-Oct-08 16:43:01

if you feel this way then if you can afford it get her into nursery a couple of mornings or one day a week to give you and her space....

this will be good for your relationship with dp too as you will be more chilled....

ds benefited from going to nursery big time as did i...

sagacious Mon 13-Oct-08 16:44:43

18 months is a difficult age

It gets so much better when they go to school grin

chipmunkswhereareyou Mon 13-Oct-08 21:04:51

Yes it does get harder but then it gets much easier. For a start they get better at playing on their own a little, they go off to some sort of nursery at 3 and also they start chatting and being more of a companion (at least some of the time).

I do work very part time but I love my time with ds now. I was quite unhappy when he was 18 months.

MakemineaGandT Tue 14-Oct-08 20:23:43

IMHO that age is the hardest. I noticed a real shift for the better around age 2. Hang on in there! It doesn't last long.....

Mercy Tue 14-Oct-08 20:26:05

Wait until they start school - that's quite hard imo (having only experienced 2 weeks so far)

littleducks Tue 14-Oct-08 20:28:35

dd is 2.5 and am finding it AWFUL atm, ds is 6 months and is so wasy sometimes i wish i only had to look after him and dd was at school!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: