Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

DS1 threw the clothes airer across the kitchen in a temper. Then I bawled him out like a bloody fishwife when eh was outside, for good reason I may add, then I had to grab his t-shirt and ripped it to stop him from hitting someone.

(7 Posts)
saltire Sat 11-Oct-08 17:33:11

and breathe.

He came in earlier, and said that he and 3 others were in a friend, JM's house and another child JH had pushed him into the tv, caused him to hurt his shoulder and knocked all JM's mum photos off the top of teh tv. The other children though said that DS1 tripped. He(DS1) had then hit, really hard, this child, JH who had allegedly pushed him. Then he came home, in a fowl temper, slammin doors etc, picked up teh airer and threw it.
Now, I know he is sickening for osmehting, and is really tired, but it's no excuse I'm making, I went out 5 mintues later along teh street to get calpol, and he followed me. h ewent straight across to where all the lads were playing and was yelling at JH who pushed him, then started a fight wiht another child (who seems to have gone out of his way to wound DS1 up since he moved into our street), then I got him back to where I was talking to one of the other mums (the one whose photos he knocked off). Then he goes back again adn starts physically fighting with this lad, I had to go and pull him off, and that's when iw as yelling at him, it was the only way to get through to him. Would he let it rest though, no he still standing there calling them names. He just seems to have to have last bloody word all the time. We have told him and told him and better told him "the other boys know you burst into tears about everyhting and fly off the handle so they go out of their way to wind you up and you fall for it, ignore them". But he doesn't he just seems so angry, in fact the mother I was talkingto said "It's not even jsut the stroppiness you'd expect from a 10 year old is it, it's aggressiona dn anger"
and he is always answering mer back and saying "whatever" or "you're tight"(when I say no he can'thave/do something) or "No, lgo away" all the time

like I said, 5/6am starts every dya and the fact he is obviously sickening for something don't help, but that's not the only reason he is carrying on like this. We ahd anger management sessions with teh school family advisor last year, which seemed to help for a while, but we have gone backwards again.
if you've read this far, well done, if you ahven't, well it's what I expect.

BoysAreLikeRabidDogs Sat 11-Oct-08 17:36:19

sad

Can you get him back onto an anger management course again?

In the meantime, what about something like karate lessons - to teach him a bit about self-control?

It's sounds like you are all having a horrible time at the moment.

saltire Sat 11-Oct-08 17:40:23

and, DH told them both last night that if they carried on today with the behaviour they had last night, that Ds1 would be grounded form playing foootie tomorrow in the team match, and DDS2 would be grounded from rugby. Now I am going to have to tell DH what has happened. I told DS1 he would be grounded form footie he siad that was fine "cos I hate them all" then 10 minutes later he's back crying and greetin at me that he wants to play

solo Sat 11-Oct-08 17:41:52

He sounds super sensitive saltire and my Ds is the same(same age too). I put it down to changing hormones and frustration at not being able to stop others from winding him up. He nearly always takes the bait. I don't know what you(or I)can do about it.

Why is he up so early in the mornings?

saltire Sat 11-Oct-08 17:51:51

solo - he has always been an early riser, as a toddler it was 4am starts every single morning. It doens't matter what time he goes to bed either, he will waken ealry, today it was 5.45, yesterday was 6am, Thursday was 6,15
I'm glad I'm not the only one, I jsut can't hadnle it and feel like such a failure. I know DH will come home and start bawling at him, when I think he needs to listened to, and tlaked to, instead of shouted at <says she who who was yelling at him>

solo Sat 11-Oct-08 18:10:33

It's really hard not to shout and bawl at them, I do it too, so you aren't alone. I feel like I'm failing him ~ especially as he has only got me.
I guess the question is...why? do you ignore it and treat it as a stage they're going through? or try to dig deep enough to attempt understanding? I get really frustrated with my Ds at times. I mean, he's a lovely boy. Not popular with other kids and I think that makes him lonely. Your Ds obviously has friends around him.

Do you think he is in the start of puberty? Mine has pubes starting now and hairy legs, so I think that is part of it.

Ds says he wakes early too ~ atm more so, but he hates going to bed and will read in near darkness until he gets caught.
I'm waffling a bit, but you certainly aren't alone. If you ever need an ear...or a bouncing board. kind

solo Sat 11-Oct-08 18:12:15

Sounding board even...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now