Talk

Advanced search

Sad fo ds

(6 Posts)
mini10 Thu 09-Oct-08 19:02:56

I have dd who is 18 years and ds1 16 years. Then I had a surprise ds2 who is now 2, all by the same dad!

It was very hard work adjusting and things are just starting to get easier. (teenagers and toddlers = hard work i am sure some of you know).

As i watch my little one growing i am starting to feel sad that he will be lonely when the big ones have gone and they have always had each other, but i am perimenopausal so it is too late now.

Feel so sad, how can i snap out of it and convince myself he will be ok??

mini10 Thu 09-Oct-08 19:03:35

Sorry title should read sad for ds

thisisyesterday Thu 09-Oct-08 19:08:38

he;ll be fine, he'll hav e 2 older siblings who will always look out for him,
he'll have friends. he'll have you!

plenty of people have one child, it's not so different to that is it?

catweazle Thu 09-Oct-08 20:17:22

Snap! I had 4 close together who are now 22, 21, 19 and 17. Then we had a surprise who is now 18 mo (same dad too).

Every time we go anywhere and see kids playing with their brothers and sisters I feel sad that DD2 won't get that. She won't even have any cousins either because all 5 are in their 20s

If you work out how to snap out of it, please let me know grin

suedonim Thu 09-Oct-08 20:39:27

My youngest was born when my eldest was 21 so a big gap, too. But dd's spoiled rotten and has the added joys of gaining two lovely sisters-in-law. One day she might even have nieces and nephews to irritate play with. All her cousins bar one are much older but as they've started having babies themselves, she rather enjoys being The Big One instead of the wee one. I really wouldn't worry, I think families have a fine way of working themselves out. smile

2point4kids Thu 09-Oct-08 20:43:15

My little brother was a surprise 17 years after I was born. He is the youngest of 4.
He is spoilt rotten by his older brothers and sisters and we are all very close. He spends a week every summer holiday from school vsiting me and we do some cool day trips together.
Now he has 6 neices and nephews too (one of them only 6 years younger than himself) so plenty of playmates at family do's.

Dont worry about your little Ds, he'll have the best of both worlds!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now