Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else have a 4 yo who still sleeps after lunch?

(10 Posts)
SaintRiven Sun 05-Oct-08 19:14:39

actually, she falls alseep after the first mouthful. She's in reception and should be going full time but still needs an afternoon nap!

Cappuccino Sun 05-Oct-08 19:16:42

riven is this your dd with cp?

because iF SO mine - not as severely affected as your dd - was sleeping in the afternoon much later than her peers

SORRY ABOUT CAPS DD2 IS SUPPPOSED TO BE Listening to the damn online story

Mercy Sun 05-Oct-08 19:18:50

Not my ds but a few in his class still need a sleep.

They don't have one (even though there is a lie down area) but they are falling asleep at home from anywhere between 4.30 and 6.

SaintRiven Sun 05-Oct-08 19:19:56

yup. I didn't know if it was 'normal' 4 yo stuff or related to her CP.
She is up till 9 or 10 at night and wakes at 6.30 to 7am so we haven't sorted that bit out yet either!

Cappuccino Sun 05-Oct-08 19:20:52

i thinK FOR MY dd it was that everything was sucH AN effort, because oF HER SPASTICITY, SO it took LOTS MORE ENERGY TO GET THROUGH A DAY

Spatz Sun 05-Oct-08 19:22:06

My DS was 5.4 at the end of his reception year and had naps most days for the first couple of weeks of the summer holidays. Now he would happily sleep at 4 when he gets in from school.

SaintRiven Sun 05-Oct-08 19:23:21

probably right Capp. She has dystonic CP and athetoid so gets either very stiff or very flaily.

ladyconstancekeeble Sun 05-Oct-08 19:28:36

My friend ds has no sn and she struggles to get him through the afternoon without him falling asleep. He sneaks off for naps and will fall asleep in the car if she goes out in the afternoon. He sleeps about 13 hours at night. I think its rare to be that sleepy though. My friend with cp def sleeps more than me. I assumed it was because she has to make such a huge effort to do anything but she has never actually said so.

harpsichordcarrier Sun 05-Oct-08 19:30:41

my dd1 still slept every afternoon until she was well over four. she is 5y5m now and will still sometimes sleep in the afternoon at the weekend, if we dirve in the car.

SaintRiven Sun 05-Oct-08 19:32:32

its causing a problem with the school. All dd's classmates will be going full time next week. No way can dd do that. She'll be the only one not full time.
Thing is, I can see this going on till Y1!!!
I'm guessing the late to bed and poor sleep doesn't help (so why does she wake at 7 on a bloody weekend?)
If she gets over tired she will be prone to more seizures.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now