Talk

Advanced search

smelly armpits in a 7 year old deodorant or not

(5 Posts)
crazedupmom Sun 05-Oct-08 18:58:02

Hi
I have noticed that my 7 yo ds has started smelling of sweat under the armpits and I am having to put his tops in the wash every day.
Does anybody know if deodorant is suitable for children of this age or would it not be advisable and should a 7 yo smell of sweat like this.

GrapefruitMoon Sun 05-Oct-08 19:00:37

It sounds young - I know my dd's teacher in Yr6 used to have to suggest to some of the children that they get a deodorant but 7 seems young. Does he have a bath/shower every day?

cocoleBOO Sun 05-Oct-08 19:02:13

There was a thread about this a few weeks ago, most people agreed the natural ones were best for younger children.

avenanap Sun 05-Oct-08 19:03:58

7 is too young, I would take him to the GP for a check up. Deoderants have really nasty chemicals in them and I would be really reluctant to use them on a child of this age. I would get it checked and try and find out what the reason for him having this is.

MadBadandDangeroustoKnow Sun 05-Oct-08 19:06:42

I'd be reluctant even to use the 'natural' deodorants on a child that young. I might, though, swap to 100% cotton shirts and t-shirts. Agree it would be good to seek a GP's opinion.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now