Talk

Advanced search

Bad, bad mummy!!

(10 Posts)
Gwenick Wed 02-Mar-05 11:31:32

TOday I just couldn't face getting up when the boys first woke up at 8.30am- and I'm ashamed to say I stayed in bed until 10.40.

DS2 is 15 months and still in a cot - so he was stuck in there

DS1 is 4 1/2yrs old but shares a room with his brother so at least was able to 'entertain' DS2 giving him toys to play with and making him laugh. Neither of them were crying or upset - but I feel so crap for leaving them that long

lockets Wed 02-Mar-05 11:33:17

Message withdrawn

HunkerMunker Wed 02-Mar-05 11:33:31

Don't feel crap hun - some days are like that. How do you feel now? {{{{{{hugs}}}}}}

Marina Wed 02-Mar-05 11:34:12

Well don't. You've said elsewhere you are struggling with things, and they weren't upset. Sorry Gwenick, I'm afraid I can't remember, are you getting some professional support or help with your feelings of depression at the moment?

Gwenick Wed 02-Mar-05 11:34:40

feel a bit better now thanks - had a shower (which involved leaving them to play again ) and yes they did eat their breakfast in record time

beansontoast Wed 02-Mar-05 11:34:45

try not to feel crap,you had all the bases covered so to speak.sometimes a more dozey morning is just waht is needed.dont spoil the rest of your day feeling guilty.

hope that doesnt sound bossy.im just getting to grips with my online personality

HunkerMunker Wed 02-Mar-05 11:39:32

Your DSs are happy playing with each other by the sound of it, please don't beat yourself up about it, Gwenick. [big hug emoticon]

Sponge Wed 02-Mar-05 11:42:58

God don't feel bad. We plonk dd in front of the telly regularly on weekend mornings so we can have a lie in. At least they were playing together and I'm sure you'd have got up if either started crying. Sometimes you just need a bit of a break however much you loves your littlies.

colditzmum Wed 02-Mar-05 11:42:59

My ds eventually managed to wake me up at 9:45 this morning, and when I went into him, he had managed to denude his duvet of its duvet cover ( he is still in a cot BTW!)

KarenThirl Wed 02-Mar-05 13:59:06

Hi Gwenick. Sometimes you have to make comparisons. If you'd got up when you were feeling crap there's a chance that you might have had a badtempered day and not been the mum you wanted to be. What happened is that you stayed in bed till you were feeling better able to face the day and I can't see any harm in that. Your boys were fine, safe and happy, and probably saw the whole episode as a big adventure. You obviously needed the rest and no doubt you'll feel better (physically) for having had it. Now stop being hard on yourself and enjoy the rest of the day. Hope you're feeling better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now