Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Birthday Gift for 4 year old?

(9 Posts)
twingle Thu 02-Oct-08 02:46:45

I have to admit I have an 18m DS and never have a clue what is age appropriate for him either but we are both invited to a 4 year old boys birthday party next weekend and I haven't a clue what to bring as a gift.
Sigh.... adults so much easier, usually happy with a bottle of wine ( I suppose wine is out of the question?)

springerspaniel Thu 02-Oct-08 13:33:58

Easiest option is always colouring book and pencils.

Stickers go down well.

Bubbles for cheap option.

Play it safe and go for clothing, e.g. t-shirt for aprox. £4 from next.

springerspaniel Thu 02-Oct-08 13:34:11

How much money do you want to spend?

Pheebe Thu 02-Oct-08 16:31:41

Ds has just turned 4, his favourite pressies were a couple of captain underpants books, cards (snap, happy families), packs of crafty stuff and a little power ranger figure. All under a fiver smile

harrietf Thu 02-Oct-08 16:44:21

have you looked at www.funkymoose.co.uk - they have some great little make it kits for about £4 / £5. We got the bouncy ball kits for one party we went to. something a bit different. hope this helps.

twingle Fri 03-Oct-08 02:25:50

I'm in the US ( I'm from Ireland and this is an Irish boy I'm buying for) Was thinking of spending $10-$20.
The main problem here is to find something not from Toy's r US or overtly branded. Found a great indepedant toy shop the other day but was bamboozled- hadn't a clue what to get either the birthday boy or my own son.

Thanks for tehs suggestions. Think we'll go for colouring book or similar.

dooneygirl Fri 03-Oct-08 02:44:27

DS loves board games aimed at that age. Candyland, Chutes and Ladders, Guess Who, the fishing game, Whack-a-Mole, Hungry Hippos, and he really loves Jenga. He rarely plays Jenga, but builds a lot of things with the blocks.

He does love coloring books, stickers, etc. We were going on a trip shortly after DS' 4th birthday, and somebody got us that Color Wonder stuff by Crayola, that was great for taking on the plane.

Where in the U. S.? There's a thread for U. S. people here in case you haven't seen it.

twentypence Fri 03-Oct-08 03:58:36

Some musical instruments like maracas, a little drum, a triangle, a wood block. Then you can buy from a lovely music shop and not have to venture into a toy shop at all!

twingle Fri 03-Oct-08 18:07:24

Thanks everyone. I'm in CT... will follow that thread dooneygirl.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now